Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're cherry picking here with your picks...the one where I'm vomiting a bit is Tine Deckers...ouch that's gotta hurt.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Oct 14, 18 19:37
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [Robijo11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posterior pelvic rotation accompanied by upper back/shoulder strain and not relaxing into aerobars
Posterior rotation fine if you can still relax into the front of the bike.
Ms Pallant is arched all the way through and elbows off the back of the pads, which is not OK.
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you qualify shoulder strain from looking at an image? (With the exception of Pallant, I feel tight and sore looking at that)
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Yea, you definitely missed it.

I did notice the pink streamers on your road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [Robijo11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robijo11 wrote:
How do you qualify shoulder strain from looking at an image? (With the exception of Pallant, I feel tight and sore looking at that)

A lot of practice...
Main cues are muscles engaged that shouldn't be, scapulae pulled down, head sticking up (not in that order)
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed about the Specialized reservoir issue. Tape on Javi’s, Lucy’s top hanging off. When I first saw the design I though that was going to be a racing nightmare. Those two sealed my impression. It’s also an issue to me when, with a huge reservoir, they also felt the need to hang a rear bottle way out in the wind like that. Hydration is allegedly a thing in IM, or so I hear. Think harder, Spec engineers! Sorry about your new creation, Spec....but it just isn’t working. It’s only half-baked. And ugly to boot.
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBriGuy wrote:
Agreed about the Specialized reservoir issue. Tape on Javi’s, Lucy’s top hanging off. When I first saw the design I though that was going to be a racing nightmare. Those two sealed my impression. It’s also an issue to me when, with a huge reservoir, they also felt the need to hang a rear bottle way out in the wind like that. Hydration is allegedly a thing in IM, or so I hear. Think harder, Spec engineers! Sorry about your new creation, Spec....but it just isn’t working. It’s only half-baked. And ugly to boot.

The reservoir that can't be re-filled means she needs to carry a BTS cage which limits how low her saddle can go even more than having the the sail itself. I'm going to guess that this shiv is going to be unridebale for people under under 5'5".

It's a good idea, poorly executed, even without the electrical tape!
Last edited by: benb: Oct 14, 18 20:56
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Is Nick Baldwin on ST?

One of the nicest pro's you could ever meet.
Not sure if he is on ST? You wanting to touch base with him?
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Notice anything interesting about Michelle V’s groupo? 😀

Maurice

Using the New Vision Groupset i'm guessing? The new Wireless groupset that is not actually wireless!!
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [chunkytfg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chunkytfg wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

Maurice

Using the New Vision Groupset i'm guessing? The new Wireless groupset that is not actually wireless!!

Yeah, saw the bike first hand. Groupo looks interesting but I couldn’t get a closer look at it. Funny how it was released/ exposed in April but not yet to Market.

Googled some other images and you’re right looks like a wire from front to rear derailleurs.

Anecdotal, but heard of etap failures do to rainstorm the night before.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Is Nick Baldwin on ST?

I still frequent now and then :)

VALĒRE | YouTube
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gatorskins on her bike didnt help either.
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [pbnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pbnz wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Is Nick Baldwin on ST?

Yes if possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he replied to the thread.... Sesel is his screen name

Fishbum wrote:
pbnz wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Is Nick Baldwin on ST?

Yes if possible.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed quite a few P5x riders in the male pro peleton....

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
he replied to the thread.... Sesel is his screen name

Fishbum wrote:
pbnz wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Is Nick Baldwin on ST?

Yes if possible.

Yeah I responded to the other one before scrolling down and seeing the he had chimed in.

P4 in Kona 😁
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other than that hideous helmet, what is so bad about Anne Hauge's position?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [Rachela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMFG... in this day and age

Rachela wrote:
Gatorskins on her bike didnt help either.

Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [Rachela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Gatorskins on her bike didnt help either."

There is always one....

Earth to triathletes....DON'T run Gatorskins for racing. Unless you're 50-54 Male. Then, PLEASE run them! Also wear a Rudy Project Helmet, two piece, sleeveless tri suit, have a bottle on your seat tube, and spend 1/3 of your ride on the bullhorns so you can see the road.
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not really in the category of ''optimized triathlon'' position. she is probably fairly aero and that helmet is a good choice for that one specific moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In case anyone would like to see the full gallery (about 400 shots total), the direct link is here. OP, if you wouldn't mind putting this link in the first post I'd appreciate it. Also, the Omega X is a "brake," not a "break" ;-)

https://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2018_10_Ironman_Hawaii_Race_Day

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you get situated out there on the course? Must be hot and desolate and lots of waiting

Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
In case anyone would like to see the full gallery (about 400 shots total), the direct link is here. OP, if you wouldn't mind putting this link in the first post I'd appreciate it. Also, the Omega X is a "brake," not a "break" ;-)

Thanks for doing this, very much appreciated.

M2's looking at you :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveM wrote:
TriRig wrote:

Thanks for doing this, very much appreciated.

M2's looking at you :-)

+1
Quote Reply
Re: The annual Cheers and Jeers re Pro Bike Fits and Setup in Kona [chunkytfg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chunkytfg wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

Maurice

Yes, battery, front mech, and rear mech are connected by wire. But the brifters on the road gruppo are detached. The $64k question on the Metron WE TT setup is whether or not there's a blip-box equivalent. If the TT shifters and/or TT brifters transmit wirelessly directly to the mechs, that would sure make this option more attractive, especially when "upgrading" a mechanical bike that doesn't have a provision for easily hiding an Etap blip box or Di2 junction box.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Oct 15, 18 11:10
Quote Reply

Prev Next