Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get?
Quote | Reply
I grabbed a P5. Thought about a Speedmax, Time Machine or
Pinarello Bolide. Still couldn't find a disc wheel though?

Screenshot: Zwift in game
Last edited by: Timtek: Feb 28, 19 4:18
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
I grabbed a P5. Thought about a Speedmax, Time Machine or Pinarello Bolide. Still couldn't find a disc wheel though?

Have not been on Zwift this week. They have a bike shop now for goodies?
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they need a tactical frame.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could find a 808/Super 9 combo for 275.600 drops under the zipp options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disc wheel.

I'll look at the bikes later, but I've always wanted that disc!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so i logged in. im level 18. i have zero drops to buy anything with. i am unhappy. :-(

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's pretty dope! I like this format for getting new Zwift gear much more than the Level up format.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give it another year. The drop shop business model will change to start rewarding us with free crates that contain random items. But you need to buy keys to open the crates. Example: Rocket League, PUBG, DotA, modern video games.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
they need a tactical frame.

Yep. Also a Speed Concept, Scott Plasma and a few aero helmets for the speed freaks.

Other than that I think implementation is good. I had enough coin to buy two TT frames.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Last edited by: Timtek: Feb 28, 19 5:40
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's pretty weird - I'm lower on the totem pole than you and I've got something like 1.1 million. Perhaps it hasn't refreshed?

I've now got 275k less with the disc
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've been pretty consistent in saying that the drop store won't be available for real money.

That being said, they just received $120 million in VC money, so the pressure to monetize things will most likely increase. Until something changes however, I'll take them at their word.
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [Jensentri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jensentri wrote:
I could find a 808/Super 9 combo for 275.600 drops under the zipp options.

Ah, thanks! I was just looking at the thumbnails which are front wheels.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone able to access the shop on IOS? I have no new update available in the store and cannot see any changes when i log in so presume this will come in the next update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you access the store?
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this point, I believe it's only in the PC version (iOS and android should be coming soon). You have to go to the menu screen (press the 'T' key from the main screen, or start a ride and go to menu). You should see a 'My Garage' and 'Drop Shop'. The Drop Shop is the store. There is only Bikes and Wheels at this point, not sure what else will eventually be added.
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, ok. I don't zwift through a PC so I guess I've got to wait.
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have updated the app in iOS and have access to the shop. Will pick up the Allez Sprint and Tarmac Pro to match my IRL bikes, the 808/disc wheelset and whichever TT bike ends up being the fastest. Glad I leveled up and unlocked the S5 last night just hours before they took bikes and wheel s out of level unlocks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happened to me too at first... Reboot and the drops show up.

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [trihawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't know, the bikes (and the wheels) don't appear to be anything better than what I already have (virtually)

no aero road bikes are rated 3 stars for weight and 3 stars for aerodynamics. Kinda pointless to get anything else. Ditto for the TT bikes, all rated at 4 for aero and 1 for weight

and I think they messed up the wheels ratings, as Zipp 808 was rated 4 stars for aerodynamics and 2 stars for weight, but now it's 4 stars for both weight and aero
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [cold turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. i have my phone set to auto update apps, but it hadn't done that for zwift yet.
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [cold turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cold turtle wrote:
I have updated the app in iOS and have access to the shop. Will pick up the Allez Sprint and Tarmac Pro to match my IRL bikes, the 808/disc wheelset and whichever TT bike ends up being the fastest. Glad I leveled up and unlocked the S5 last night just hours before they took bikes and wheel s out of level unlocks.

So what do you get for level upgrades now? Just jerseys/socks/glasses?? Lame.
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, I don't think anything they have now is any better from a performance standpoint then what's available now. I'm not sure how much the idea is to get a performance edge, but more just to have some variety and be able to ride different things. Especially if you ever ride the TT bike, it's just nice to have options other than the base TT bike, regardless if they are all the same from a performance standpoint.

I like the idea of virtually riding different bikes, though it may lose it's appeal eventually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disc wheel was a no-brainer. I've been waiting for that one for years, since I was not a beta tester.

With Cannondale our team sponsor, I had to buy the EVO and SystemSix as well. My IRL SystemSix has been ordered since 7/6/18 - who would have thought that on 2/28/19, I would have the bike first on Zwift?

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
Disc wheel was a no-brainer. I've been waiting for that one for years, since I was not a beta tester.

Can you put it on the tron bike?

Ohh, just saw there's a P5x, only need a couple of levels for that :-)
Last edited by: SteveM: Feb 28, 19 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: The Zwift drop shop is open for business. What did you get? [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Tron bike has its own wheels. You pick Tron, you are picking frame and wheels together.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply

Prev Next