Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Track (And Marathon) Omnithread.
Quote | Reply
The heats just finished.

Wow - Hassan was on her ass 400m out. She picked herself up, sprinted away, and won her heat. In a few hours she'll race the 5000m final!!!

I'm thrilled to see not just one Stafford advance, but two!!

Discus.

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k)
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Last edited by: Skuj: Aug 2, 21 18:03
Quote Reply
Re: The Thread Of The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Women's 1500m Run. [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skuj wrote:
The heats just finished.

Wow - Hassan was on her ass 400m out. She picked herself up, sprinted away, and won her heat. In a few hours she'll race the 5000m final!!!

I'm thrilled to see not just one Stafford advance, but two!!

Discus.

You gotta wonder how much that takes out of Hassan for the 5000m. Also after she feel and picked herself off the ground in nearly last place I noticed that her knee lift with left leg is less than right leg....or is that always the case.

Would be cool to see her take the triple.
Quote Reply
Re: The Thread Of The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Women's 1500m Run. [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty dumb running through to first when all she needed to qualify was top 6
Quote Reply
Re: The Thread Of The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Women's 1500m Run. [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is all Alberto Salazar's Magic. The ability for his athletes to win in theoretically incompatible events. In this case, 1500, 5000 and 10000...
Quote Reply
Re: The Thread Of The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Women's 1500m Run. [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r0bh wrote:
Yeah, that was weird to put the effort in to pass that extra cluster of around 4, but maybe she was unable to count how many where in the group? Seems hard to believe, but in the middle of racing, sometimes, your head is not always in the game especially after a fall. She seemed happy enough afterwards.
Quote Reply
Re: The Thread Of The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Women's 1500m Run. [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She just wants it more, trains harder than everyone else. Definitely not Nike sponsored doping, definitely not that. Salazar is a genius! That doctor is just better at spotting under active thyroids that's all. T gel was for him, like Shane Sutton he has a dodgy pecker. For realz!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Thread Of The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Women's 1500m Run. [Sun Wu Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems she turned out ok in the 5000 . . .

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: The Thread Of The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Women's 1500m Run. [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
seems she turned out ok in the 5000 . . .

Yeah no one even really challenging.
Quote Reply
Re: The Thread Of The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Women's 1500m Run. [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r0bh wrote:

I think it was momentum. And maybe that 43sec last 300m was a good warmup for her 5000m 12 hours later, which she won, with a 57sec last lap.

Um....she's not coached by Salazar anymore, is she?

I only swim.
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Last edited by: Skuj: Aug 2, 21 11:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After the much-discussed departure from the suspended Alberto Salazar, the athlete opted for his former assistant Tim Rowberry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not change thread title to Olympics 1500 to marathon event discussions thread for men and women
Quote Reply
Re: The Thread Of The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Women's 1500m Run. [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good idea. I changed it to something like that.

I only swim.
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WIIIILLLLIIIIISSS!!!

He advances to the 1500m semis. I love cheering for the "old guys".

I only swim.
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Track (And Marathon) Omnithread. [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! How about the men’s 400m hurdles final! The world record got smashed.

And the US has a very impressive female squad. The 200 ladies, the 400 ladies, the hurdlers, the long jumpers. Loving all of it.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Track (And Marathon) Omnithread. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Wow! How about the men’s 400m hurdles final! The world record got smashed.

And the US has a very impressive female squad. The 200 ladies, the 400 ladies, the hurdlers, the long jumpers. Loving all of it.

Smashed is an understatement 76th/100 second!?! That is an outrageous deduction in time!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK if we are covering all of track I am looking forward to the 200m men's finals and the 4x100 relay.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Track (And Marathon) Omnithread. [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These decathletes are amazing. Damien Warner put up at 10.13 in his 100m for Canada. They should put him on the 4x100m squad!!! We have two Canadians in 1 and 3rd after day 1.

200m finals on deck in a few minutes!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Track (And Marathon) Omnithread. [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Andre De Grasse got the gold in the 200m. I am hoping the 4x100m team from Canada can deliver a medal. This track is fast too 19.65, 13/100ths faster than Bolt in Rio
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Aug 4, 21 8:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just watched the 110m hurdles finals. The 13.04 time from Hansel Parchment from Jamaica was a full tenth (actually 0.11) from Renaldo Nehamiah's 12.93 at Zurich 1982. Renaldo was the first human sub 13 seconds. I don't believe there were any sub 13's 39 years later.

No American team in the 4x100 finals. That seems insane given the depth of US sprinting. But it also shows the depth of the global competition on the track. This is not swimming with 37 medals and just a handful of countries dominating everything. Track is globally way more deep than swimming (even though my fish friends may not want to concede that)
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Track (And Marathon) Omnithread. [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Just watched the 110m hurdles finals. The 13.04 time from Hansel Parchment from Jamaica was a full tenth (actually 0.11) from Renaldo Nehamiah's 12.93 at Zurich 1982. Renaldo was the first human sub 13 seconds. I don't believe there were any sub 13's 39 years later.

No American team in the 4x100 finals. That seems insane given the depth of US sprinting. But it also shows the depth of the global competition on the track. This is not swimming with 37 medals and just a handful of countries dominating everything. Track is globally way more deep than swimming (even though my fish friends may not want to concede that)

and Peter Snell's time would have gotten him silver in the 800 this year.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Track (And Marathon) Omnithread. [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty cool watching Damien Warner breaking 9000 points and taking gold in the decathlon. Due to Covid19 restrictions, he and coaches got access to a closed ice hockey arena and converted it into a personal training center building a mini track straightaway, long jump pit and pole vault training zone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK it seems I am the only idiot on ST that remotely cares abou track.....amazing men's 5000m finals with a 55s final lap....Mo Ahmad from Canada took a well earned silver after missing out on medals in the 5000m

Hasan on deck now for the W1500. Here we go. She has her 10000m tomorrow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hasan goes out from the front with a 62 second first lap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1;51 at 700m
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kipyegon (sp?)....what a kick for gold. Hasan looked gassed on this schedule. 6 races in 8 days. I bet that fall and sprint in the 1500m qual was a match she did not need to burn in this "multi stage event". No Zatopek replica performance
Quote Reply

Prev Next