Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Secret Wish [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're starting the 'h2ofun Thread', or do you want me to?
Quote Reply
Re: The Secret Wish [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why, personally, I think he makes a lot of sense...:)

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

http://physasst.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paulo, please do, I will be honored!!!

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"don't just think you can drag your chick all over the place like an extra pannier"

some of us chicks out there can actually ride my friend and don't need to be dragged along. i've ridden coast to coast across the US and there are many dudes out there, triathletes included, who would not have made it.

back to this more is more nonsense, i took that attitude until messed up my hip flexor after a big race from tremendous training load. sure, i did really well at my first two races of the season, but haven't been able to compete in two years and am just starting up again after rowing for a while. it is a fine balance and is different for every person. some need more, some need less. the secret is finding what works best for you.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: The Secret Wish [flyer521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wasn't me who made the sexist remark. Here at the LCHPTC we're all for the womens!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My secret wish is that you will stop posting your annoying terse and abrupt comments. I guess it isn't so secret anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: The Secret Wish [Jorge M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some athletes need to be pushed beyond their comfort level to improve. Others need to be brought down from what they think they can handle in order to improve.

The ones that need to be pushed don't improve because they "undertrain" and the ones that push too much don't improve because they "overtrain."

I think we agree on this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
more is MORE. What I need clarification for is more of what is MORE of what ?

more training LOAD will give me MORE speed ? well I guess no-one can disagree with it. It is like saying if you want to race then train.
My limited knowledge and experience tells me that more training load can come from longer workouts, faster workouts or both. Do both affect the athlete to the same extent and in the same way, I guess depends on the athlete and his/her goals.
What I know is that when I run a marathon and after 22 miles I feel banged up, I regret why I didn't do MORE long runs to be able to push it MORE here. On the other hand, when I run a 5K and my lungs burn as my pace slows down after the third kilometer I regret why I didn't do MORE speed intervals to be able to hold that pace for MORE.

Makes any sense prof ?

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." Oscar Wilde
Quote Reply
Re: The Secret Wish [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shame on you. Logic & reason have no place in one of Paulo's attention-seeking posts.
Quote Reply
Re: The Secret Wish [Timemachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
"It's really too bad that with all the time you've put into your education, it didn't leave any time for you to grow up. I see it's unlikely you're going to improve your forum character. Don't worry, I'll try and reduce my Paulo Percentage score from now on. I actually get a kick every time someone calls you a dickhead or tells you to grow up. Someone has to be that person, I guess, but you definately dominate that category. Do you have the stats for how many times people have posted those words to you. Keep it up! You're great entertainment. "

Greg.

Greg- don't worry about trying to reduce your percentage. Believe me, you aren't even close to being the only one that feels this way about Paulo and his posts. He could very well be a nice guy if you met him on the streets or on a training ride, but he comes across to me too as a complete d o u c h e bag on these message boards the majority of the time he posts (just like h2ofun). Dude always has to 'p i s s' farther than everyone else on these forums. It amazes me the number of people that have thier heads up his ass. I wouldn't be suprised if the Paulo click all have posters of him above their beds.
Quote Reply
Re: The Secret Wish [..] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt this thread was worth a bump.
Quote Reply
Re: The Secret Wish [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just trying to remember what Martin C. did?
Quote Reply
Re: The Secret Wish [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man. I getting reminded that the work I put in reflect the results I get. Now I am bummed.

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply

Prev Next