Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Politics of the Podium Girl: When Tradition and P.C. Diverge. What Say You S.T.? [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, I'll second that!

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Re: The Politics of the Podium Girl: When Tradition and P.C. Diverge. What Say You S.T.? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Podium-type girls are a permanent fixture, just like cheerleaders. Deal or No Deal, stupid ads with buxom girls, all that, it will never go away. Beauty Contests may be on the wane in the U.S., but they are more popular than ever in the nations soon to over take us ...
Quote Reply
Re: The Politics of the Podium Girl: When Tradition and P.C. Diverge. What Say You S.T.? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A kiss from a podium girl is about the only reason I train. If I enter a small enough race I might eventually get a kiss from a hot chick in public. The thought of it alone is enough to bring a sigh, a smile and a warm glow to my face. Ahhhhhhhh

The other side of that is that one (the main one, hehehe) reason I race so slowly is that I save just enough energy in case the hottie handing out the finishers medals at IM's decides she wants to shag me. NEVER EVER do I want to turn down a shag from a hottie. There are lots of IM races each year, but very very few chances for me to shag a hot chick let me tell you! Therefore, I ease up in the last few miles, to get some energy "just in case" hehehe. Hey, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And another thing. The TdF girls are great. Each day I like to see, which one is in which colour and which ones are getting a rest day. One girl might look great in yellow and not in polka dots or vice versa. The shoe choices of the TdF podium girls are also interesting. Some girls go for safe shoes so they don't stumble on the steps and others risk it all to flaunt their calves and feet. Some are quite tidy and well worth watching just a few more minutes of each days coverage. I would prefer if they were all required to do some bike riding for a few months prior to the Tour tho'. That would only make their legs look even better and give a bit more definition and more appropriateness for our sport and the admiring male viewers.

Not that I've been thinking about it much.....

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: The Politics of the Podium Girl: When Tradition and P.C. Diverge. What Say You S.T.? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So guys...how much do we like a tri chick that provides us links to hot chicks? Not bad eh?

BTW most of those Umbrella girls were a bit slutty for my personal taste, but there were a few that I'd be willing to buy a drink :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: The Politics of the Podium Girl: When Tradition and P.C. Diverge. What Say You S.T.? [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll let you shout me a pint the next time I'm down your way.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Politics of the Podium Girl: When Tradition and P.C. Diverge. What Say You S.T.? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL-you're really on a tear today! great! One of the attributes of training in France is that before each swim practice I get to kiss several 20-something, male triathletes in speedos.
Quote Reply
Re: The Politics of the Podium Girl: When Tradition and P.C. Diverge. What Say You S.T.? [Xenu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, I'll use that pic for my podium girl application!

;-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: The Politics of the Podium Girl: When Tradition and P.C. Diverge. What Say You S.T.? [Meebo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
There are podium boys, but they're never hot.

I think Levi might prefer one...............

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem with the concept. However, this being California and all, I'd hope that the podium girls reflect the true racial and ethnic diversity of the state.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We're seeing an increase in pretty serious injuries among dance teams and cheerleaders too. It is actually a dangerous activity when combined with elements of gymnastics and tumbling.

Precisely why I think that the sport involving synchronized gymnastics and tumbling should be separated from "cheerleading" (leading the cheers at a game). The average triathlon spectator does a more convincing job of cheerleading than the cheerleading squads I've seen lately. I'm not saying the synchronized gymnastics activity is not a legitimate sport, but I think it ought to have its own name and its own liability waiver that outlines the risk.

"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
clm, are you coming down to IMNZ this year? Or how about Hookies Rotorua 1/2IM later in the year?
I would be honoured to ply you with alcohol :-)

TriDork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom:
One month ago on Jan 20th I did the Pucon Chilie 70.3 and was somewhat baffled by the eye candy on stage at the awards ceremony. Every thing was being said in Spanish, so I really didn't know what was going on, but there were several hot babes wearing sponsor logo stuff and just looking hot. I don't think being PC is very high on the list of the
South American's mind set. Tim
Quote Reply
Re: The Politics of the Podium Girl: When Tradition and P.C. Diverge. What Say You S.T.? [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not this year, but I am thinking about IM next year.....

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Screw the tuxes, I want hotties in boxer briefs...

wait, did I just say that aloud? crap crap crap... ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, clm.

Lte me know if you need a place to stay in Auckland. I have space available and would love to put a face to the name. That's if you could lower yourself to stay on the North Shore hehehe

TriDork

Quote Reply

Prev Next