Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Ironman Hawaii Thread [Doru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Under USAT rules they have ten days to DQ a competitor for a serious breach of rules.This rule was imposed on one athlete in Ultraman Hawaii last year.

I saw Macca passing Faris in the no-pass zone and it was blatant, but I hope that they won’t DQ him. It was just too nice of a race to end up like that.

Yeah, agreed...I feel like it was pretty blatant, the question is do they just throw a time penalty onto him, or just completely ignore it? Blatant rule violation, but did a race official see it?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Hawaii Thread [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Under USAT rules they have ten days to DQ a competitor for a serious breach of rules.This rule was imposed on one athlete in Ultraman Hawaii last year//

Ultraman is an AG race, so I do not think the rules are the same. Pros serve penalties on the course, good reason for that too. Too many races decided in the hours after we all watched what we thought was a great finish..Cannot do anything about positive drug tests as in one Ironman winners case, but regular infractions should be done and over before the finish line..
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Hawaii Thread [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How would you like to be the guy on the hind end of one of those motorcycles. All the driver has to do is hit one significant bump, and your camera partner is off the bike, rolling toward Carfrae.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Under USAT rules they have ten days to DQ a competitor for a serious breach of rules.This rule was imposed on one athlete in Ultraman Hawaii last year.

I saw Macca passing Faris in the no-pass zone and it was blatant, but I hope that they won’t DQ him. It was just too nice of a race to end up like that.

I seriously think that won't happen and if Faris cared at all we would have heard about it already.

I agree about the fact that it was a great race and a great day for Ironman.Truly inspiring stuff from everyone.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Yeah, agreed...I feel like it was pretty blatant, the question is do they just throw a time penalty onto him, or just completely ignore it? Blatant rule violation, but did a race official see it?

I guess that it was an unintentional mistake on his side and IMHO he did not gain anything out of it so I hope that he won't get a time penalty either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carfrae has not slowed down. Amazingly consistent. She's got it for the win!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Hawaii Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What time is the bike cutoff? Following a PC athlete...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to Carfrae!!! I've never seen someone run so damn smooth off the bike (minus Crowie), amazing race and good for her!

(and for all of you ready to discount it because of Chrissie: she was the fastest on the day, PERIOD!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dudes!
Leave it alone, nothing to see here!
What a race!
Tom
I said Macca all week BTW.
:)
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Hawaii Thread [TomP_imc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Solid win. Her run was so solid!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Congrats to Carfrae!!! I've never seen someone run so damn smooth off the bike (minus Crowie), amazing race and good for her!

(and for all of you ready to discount it because of Chrissie: she was the fastest on the day, PERIOD!)

I'm not discounting her win at all. I just wish Chrissie was in and healthy, because I have no doubt that the race would have been as close as the mens finish. Amazing performance.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Hawaii Thread [TomP_imc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I agree, leave it alone. I'm just trying to explain that the race is over, Macca won it fair and square. We can go back to everyones video and find some infraction that was not called, all part of racing. And you were right, I had Ralert as my pick with Crowie as 2nd, so good on you Tom for believing.. I humbly and gladly eat some crow(ie)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

From IM Live:
A 2:53:32 marathon! 55:53/ 4:59/ 2:53 - 8:58:36. Those were the times for the Mirinda Carfrae. Only 10 of the top 20 men ran faster than she did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

From IM Live:
A 2:53:32 marathon! 55:53/ 4:59/ 2:53 - 8:58:36. Those were the times for the Mirinda Carfrae. Only 10 of the top 20 men ran faster than she did.

Four minutes back of Chrissie last year. Interesting......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh crap, I have to eat more crow, Miranda was not able to run 2;57 after a hard bike, she ran a 2;53!!! That is dam fast girl, and breaking 9 hours in the process. You are a studette of the highest order..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

From IM Live:

Four minutes back of Chrissie last year. Interesting......

But almost 10 minutes faster on the run leg. Had Chrissie been there it would have been a very interesting race, probably as interesting as the men race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whose going to watch the rest of the event, even to the last finisher?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Hawaii Thread [Liberty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, just 'till my neighbor finishes. She's moved up 5 spots to 12th in the first 10 miles

Still interested to hear how other STers are doing. I don't know real names....

Quote | Reply
If you watch til the end, you've still got another 8 hours to go!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll go deep. Maybe another couple of hours.
Not much else on the go tonight...

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I;m out, have to go see if I;m still married...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Whose going to watch the rest of the event, even to the last finisher?

I watched it since it started, for 9 straight hours. Postponed my long run because of it and I am not sorry one bit. Anyway, I'll have to call it a night soon in order to do that long run early tomorrow morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cramps are starting. One of the 8:55 men finishers crossed the line, and immediately grabbed his right thigh, and slowly went to the ground.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lot of AG's coming in, and some don't look as fresh as CM. That heat is probably no joke. Wonder what kind of preparation some have that some look fresh coming over the line and some not, like CM and MC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cramps are the finishing ramp.

-- Aaron Davidson
Quote Reply

Prev Next