Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the huge win Jordan!!!! Great all around race, stellar performance.
DId you wear your Rappstar shirt on the podium? Do we need to make a new True Motion shirt for you and put IMC winner??
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Will you be carrying toilet paper in the future?
That would imply that I ever wanted to stop... ;)

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was your training blocks prior to the race? Did you know you were on form or did you come in off?

Having led most of the race, I'm assuming your pacing was more efficient as there was no stress of trying to outpace those in front?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jordan,

Congrats, I'll be interested to see:
  • Calories per hour
  • Sodium Per hour
  • volume of liquid per hour

Are you going to do fall AZ or Florida or are you going to go to kona to "get experience"

Dev
I'm planning right now to go to AZ again.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [ZippityDuDah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
First off, Congrats! it was fun in '07 watching you as a late-entry come in and do so well.

I have a couple mental-aspect questions...

Did you come in knowing you had a shot at winning, or did you figure it out along the way as the race unfolded? When did you know?

Were there any low-points, where you had to do any self pep-talking?

And a training question:

Are you gonna do 800's, or hill-repeats for your run today?
I thought I had a chance to win before the race, but I also thought that a lot of other people did as well. The longer people stayed away on the bike, the better my chances got (in my mind), because I felt that people were riding too hard. I don't think it actually sunk in that I was going to win until about 5km to go. And even then, I was still nervous. I let myself sort of "accept" the win with about 3km to go.

There weren't "low" points, but there were some points where it really hurt, and I would have much rather just slowed up and cruised really easy (or stopped). Those are the hardest moments. Wouldn't it just be easier to be second or third?? :)

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way, it is embaressing that the IMC winner, living in Penticton has not climbed Apex....get out there this afternoon and get it done before awards or we might have to ask them to withold the prize money :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Sir....would YOU like a cup of coffee?"

(Think Ted McGregor)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [ivansie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
First off, thanks for all the nice words from the Slowtwitch crowd. Anyway, if you all have any questions about the race, I'll do my best to answer them.

EDIT: I don't know any power data YET, other than from "in the race" checking of the computer and targets.

Why Tubulars??? I have always seen you as a big proponent of clinchers mostly for technical/advantage reasons and not plain convenience, was I wrong.

BTW congrats for a great all around race, I think there is more success in your future for the progression I have seen, good job.

Peace
You can ride a tubular when it's flat. They generally don't pinch flat and due to the way they are constructed, that means they generally seal up better with sealant. Really, for me, it's the ability to ride it when it's flat that is huge. And the sealant generally working better, since that is the fastest way to get back into the race.

If you glue a tubular properly (according to AFM's gluing method), then they roll just as fast. They may also be *slightly* more aerodynamic because you can make a non-parrallel brake track. But I don't consider that to be a compelling reason.

Gluing tubulars well is a pain. It takes time and planning. "Convenience" is not to be underrated. If I was away from my garage - my workspace - and the bike shop, I would have been much more nervous training on my race wheels. That - to me - is enormous in terms of value.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [furiousferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How was your training blocks prior to the race? Did you know you were on form or did you come in off?

Having led most of the race, I'm assuming your pacing was more efficient as there was no stress of trying to outpace those in front?
My training was good. Really good. I knew I was fit.

Pacing from the front is always easier. That's why it's good to be first to t2! :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
By the way, it is embaressing that the IMC winner, living in Penticton has not climbed Apex....get out there this afternoon and get it done before awards or we might have to ask them to withold the prize money :-)
If I go this afternoon, I won't make it to the awards. I would take my mountain bike, as I'd need my 24-34 (IIRC) to get up Apex right now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't see it mentioned yet - what tires did you select?

congrats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's why it's good to be first to t2!

Indeed, but you have to close it out from there and you did an amzing job of that as well. Congratulations, my friend. Well done! Best wishes for continued success.

Shall we call this a "Canadian" win?

Did you get me an extra bottle of that wine from the VIP area? Polly and I prefer the red! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome job jordan

was fun to watch out there!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you ride Apex today, we should call Graham Fraser and have the awards moved there to accomodate your schedule...this would only be fitting...you'll get the reverse hyperbaric chamber effect to increase your recovery time :-(.

You might be new to the pro game, but by making yourself accessible to the public you increase your marketing profile dramatically and deliver much more value to your sponosors and business partners as an active marketing channel...the rest of the guys should take some notes....its not just about race performance (product), its what you also do with it (packaging it up for prime time)....good on ya...or as an old mentor once told me....there are no customers lined up at the door with suitcases of greenbacks in the front of the building ....gotta get out there and market this stuff to death :-)

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Congrats Jordan.

You answered my nutrition/hydration questions already.

Here is a photo of you coming back into town. You were 23s ahead at this point.

Graham

Graham Barron Design: Custom west coast house design http://www.grahambarron.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Pacing from the front is always easier. That's why it's good to be first to t2! :)

Jordan - firstly congratulations. that was an awesome race.

Secondly - Why do you think pacing from the front is always easier?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on destroying the field yesterday. We crossed paths on the run...mile 16 for you, 10 for me. I gave you a shoutout, too, not that you probably even heard it!

My questions for you are...
Did you notice any drafting up in the pro ranks? Where I was riding on the course, it was like the Tour de Canada out there with the draft marshalls just telling people to break it up. I didn't see anyone in the penalty tents.
I was surprised by the amount of wind out there, did you expect that? How much of an "advantage" do you feel you had by being able to train on this course so much?

Again, congrats. And thank you for taking the time to answer all these questions.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [CamDukio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Secondly - Why do you think pacing from the front is always easier?

Jordan I am sure will have his ideas. As a weak swimmer strong cyclist/runner, when I was racing seriously in any length of triathlon it was all about chasing. Chasing hard until you started to get close to the front. Then when you got in front, and you were actually in first place, there was always this huge load that was lifted from your shoulders. Suddenly, you could perhaps ease off on the gas-pedal a bit. However, once one mental load was lifted, another was about to start - now you had the pressure of trying to stay in the lead to the finish!!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Aug 31, 09 9:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the win! Thats huge.

My questions: You obviously pay attention a lot to the details so how many watts does it take you to go 20 mph vs. 24 mph on your race set-up? Assume its flat, sea level, and 0 wind....

Height? Weight?

What helmet is that?

Thanks,

David Bassler
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
first off, KUDOS to you jordan! many people can procure a pro license, but you've done something that few ever will...get PAID!!!

secondly, i know at FISTapolooza there was discussion about how john wanted to see you on shorter cranks and you said that you were considering it. so what size cranks are you on now and do you think that since you have an overall win under your belt that this is an area that you feel compelled to experiment with?

awesome job! negative splitting a sub 3:00 marathon run is most impressive!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any particular thoughts when you went by Tomas Hellreigel on the bike, or was it just a routine pass?

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt that Jordan was chasing in the way you described...he likely had his race strategy and stuck to a certain ceiling that he would not lift his bike or run effort above regardless of who is around even if it is IMC 8:09 stud Thomas Hellriegel :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on an awesome, well executed race plan. Clearly you had a plan and stuck to it. Very impressive.

Question: How do you think your win will affect your search for a bike sponsor for next season? Does this win give you extra negotiating power or draw?

Also, why IMAZ and not Hawaii? Better shot at win #2?

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big kudos on a great performance and win!

What form of reward are you going to give/allow yourself for this win? What is your recovery plan?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar

Amazing work out there! It was fantastic seeing you running like a stud with such a huge lead. That was a really big win. You bring a lot of class and accessibility to the sport so it's particularly great to see you have such success. It's so cool that you were able to bring the win home for the good people of Penticton.

Enjoy the victory
Quote Reply

Prev Next