Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Official: IM Melbourne Thread
Quote | Reply
So IM Melbourne kicks off in a few... as a North American I'm very excited for for Australians for the big city race, big pro field, and the now four WTC branded races in AUS and the associated Kona slots. Taking it up a notch.

We've had a thread about Crowie's rig HERE and a bunch of threads over the last few months since the announcement of IM MEL. Crowie, Rinny, and a big field on both sides of the house.

Based on the pics that someone posted on Facebook in the link above, looks like the swim will be sporty.

Now I hope BrianPBN chimes in with his distinct flavor of analysis, and then DevPaul, and then my Saturday will be complete.

I'm thinking Crowie and Rinny in front of the "home" crowd. What are your thoughts or predictions?

ER

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an Australian, I'm thrilled about this race and what it means for the sport in Australia (at least at a long-distance level). We've gone from two big-time 140.6 races to four (now they're four WTC events) in a small amount of time - cannot complain!

Based on the start list.. (now minus Leanda Cave also), it's hard to go past Crowie and Rinny.
I'll say the men's podium will be Crowie, Llanos, Luke Bell and for the ladies I'd back Rinny, Rach Joyce and Steffen and Bek Keat to battle for 3rd.

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM35-39 wrote:
So IM Melbourne kicks off in a few... as a North American I'm very excited for for Australians for the big city race, big pro field, and the now four WTC branded races in AUS and the associated Kona slots. Taking it up a notch.

We've had a thread about Crowie's rig HERE and a bunch of threads over the last few months since the announcement of IM MEL. Crowie, Rinny, and a big field on both sides of the house.

Based on the pics that someone posted on Facebook in the link above, looks like the swim will be sporty.

Now I hope BrianPBN chimes in with his distinct flavor of analysis, and then DevPaul, and then my Saturday will be complete.

I'm thinking Crowie and Rinny in front of the "home" crowd. What are your thoughts or predictions?

ER
Thanks for getting me out of my cave....I'm actually at the store all day & plan to have the live video on the big screen when it starts (assuming IM.com has their sh#t together & has the live feed functioning). My only issue w/ this race is the 3:30pm start time (EST) is going to throw a monkey wrench in my intention to get to bed early tonight :)

---

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's why I'm happy I'm in Mountain time. Race will end just as I'm going to bed.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [steve_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sucks to see Pete Jacobs out.

anybody know why?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM35-39 wrote:
sucks to see Pete Jacobs out.

anybody know why?
Yep, it sucks. He's got a lower-back/hip injury and taking it easy on the advice of his quacks. http://www.firstoffthebike.com/...of-ironman-melbourne

He's targeting a comeback in June. So with Cairns now an mdot IM I wouldn't be suprised to see him line up there to try and nail some points to add to those he got from his 2nd in Kona. Might be enough for him to get back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
steve_c wrote:
Yep, it sucks. He's got a lower-back/hip injury and taking it easy on the advice of his quacks. http://www.firstoffthebike.com/...of-ironman-melbourne

He's targeting a comeback in June. So with Cairns now an mdot IM I wouldn't be suprised to see him line up there to try and nail some points to add to those he got from his 2nd in Kona. Might be enough for him to get back.

His 5400 points from Kona are almost guaranteed enough to get him back, he'll just need to validate. The 40 automatic spots last July went to guys that had 3500 or more points on July 25.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [FatteLatte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to hear. I wasn't too sure. Makes Leanda Cave's efforts a bit of over-kill then!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what time the race starts (i.e when live coverage starts) CST would be great :)
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [dubd71771] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be soon.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From 220 Tri Mag

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Rinny... from those FB photos earlier with her bike all ghetto-plasticed up it was hard to tell if she's running a disk or not.. anyone know?

Last edited by: steve_c: Mar 24, 12 12:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Should be soon.
Video feed from IM Live sort of beginning.. getting some crap quality audio coming through

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 minutes to go!

Text updates: http://live.ironmanlive.com/...ampionship_Melbourne

Video feed: http://ironmanlive.com/...bourne&year=2012

I think Crowie / Rinny will take it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chicks are like Voltron, the more you can get, the better it is." -Tucker
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [AlphaQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1st Greg Bennett,
2nd Crowie,
3rd Fettel.

1st Stefen,
2nd Keat,
3rd Rinny.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salmon Steve wrote:
1st Greg Bennett,
2nd Crowie,
3rd Fettel.

1st Stefen,
2nd Keat,
3rd Rinny.

Bennett to beat Crowe on IM debut? Ballsy call there Mr B! I'm still backing Crowe for the win.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chicks are like Voltron, the more you can get, the better it is." -Tucker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eneko put himself in pretty good position with that swim. Van Lierde too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Nothing heroic about typing a few names into a computer, whilst eating my pancakes and sipping a coffee. :)

2012 is gonna be the year of the upset - ITU playa's will be the main protagonists. Maybe not here today, but there'll be lots more opportunities for the fast guys.

I don't know a whole heap about this course - but from what I remember of Melbourne it will be flat and fast right? If a course is gonna suit Greg you'd have to think this is how he'd like it.

In the womens, still alot of smashed up bodies from last October - every week another story comes out highlighting that. Will be interesting to see how Rinny goes - seems to have amazing recovery and wouldn't be surprised if she did just sail through today for the win. But I also wouldn't be surprised if all the changes she made as a result of October come to the fore today - we've already seen one...her swim has gone up a notch.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh Petr Vabrousec
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
feed down or only me?

Quote | Reply
Apparently there is a section of the course where they won't have the video feed.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [grole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just posted this, was thinking it might just be me. Mine is out.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official: IM Melbourne Thread [cjj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is an easy way to check if it is just you:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

And no, this isn't rickrolling you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Mirinda is 9:40 back at 40k on the bike????? Sounds like a mechanical or something else happened early on.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It says it's me (no really, it does) :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next