Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does that mean Normann's a chick? :-) Just kidding...

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering whether they might be following this thread in the studio ... but obviously not :-/
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [bloomers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is great, competition wise. We will have a race on the womens side now. Should be interesting. Gotta feel for her but you decide to ride tubies, you run the risk of not being able to change it. I remember she said in an interview that she didn't know how to work on tubies to she rides clinchers, hmmmm, wonder why the change in heart?

Yes, I shave my legs. Yes, I am comfortable with this. I am enlightened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't agree with you more Monty. I hate women than can't do basic wrenching on their bikes. A flat? CHANGE IT YOURSELF HONEY.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is anyone wondering what Timo Bracht will do on the run? he ran 2:42 at IM Frankfurt setting the course record. Could be interesting...

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess they don't practice tire changes at those b. sutton camps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why the heck are we watching the studio and not a HUGE happening out on the course right now. They obviously have a camera there, I'm curious who the producers are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exactly my thoughts...stupid...why not just broadcast the sound?

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't care....I'm complaining...

I'm tired of looking at Paula and Welch's face....they are nice people and all, but I did not tune in to watch them...show me the race...heck, I'll pay $50 pay per view for some real coverage. I am sure with the brain power on ST, we can put together a WiMAX network along the QueenK and stick cameras on motos and even on some athlete bikes and have them instantly transmitted to the base stations on the route. Then you can have the guys in the studio yapping, but the viewer can pick from different cameras views based on which one they prefer to watch.

Ironmanlive should partner with Sprints Xohm to make this happen. It would be a great way to demo a real WiMAX network.
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julian, I have to disagree, mate. tubbies are far more resilient and much easier to change, and are safer to ride on a slow leak. Ok...back to the race at hand...

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have Greg's telephone number? - he has his phone with him so someone should give him a call :).

Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [runningwilddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so she got a spare from Keat...isn't that against the rules by taking assistance from someone other than official tech support?
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the grey vest Lieto is wearing if you watch closely over his tri top? Some sort of cooling vest? Some sort of cooling device...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dog fighting is not a sport. Real heroes do not fight dogs!
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [tri2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So now she has a spare, and no C02 and no pump.....guys....carry a friggin pump in racing...its not worth blowing your C02 application to save a few ounces on the course.
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [runningwilddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys, what a sad attitude towards Chrissy...the day you can ride and run as fast as she does, maybe you can open your mouth...meanwhile just shut up and watch in awe a legend in the making...
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't she be DQ'd?? It looks like she peed in front of everyone and then I think someone said she accepted a tire or tube from another competitor. I know there was an official standing right there.
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I just got done watching Texas spank Oklahoma, 45-35 so I have no idea what's going on.

I don't really want to read through 3 pages of posts. Can someone give me a quick summary? Leaders, DNFs, major happenings?
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess you are used to less technical courses than we are. I wouldn't trust a newly installed tubular on a course with fast descents and tight corners during a race, but then I probalby haven't installed as many as you have.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [tri2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think outside assistance is like accepting a ham sandwich from your mom, not a gel from a fellow competitor. I could be wrong, but I'd love a ham sandwich from my mom during an Ironman.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [MyBailey07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next year i'm riding in a mankini like Al Sutton!

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh grat, now we have commercials!!! WTF?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we please have more Ford promos and studio face time?

This is great coverage.

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [juantorena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'll bite. I can ride just fine with Crissie Wellington. Can't swim or run with her but... Maybe I'm biased because I come from a cycling background, but I just think it crazy that you can't change a tire... strange.
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [Mito Chondria] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, or as it they did in the beginning of the race when they had this split screen going with the commentators in a small square down in the right corner. High tech stuff!
Quote Reply
Re: The OFFICIAL Kona Race Day Thread [Epiclesis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only if you agree to having close-ups of Greg.

Quote Reply

Prev Next