Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Magic durability
Quote | Reply
Anyone using The Magic5 goggles know about durability? More specific longevity. I'm on a very new pair of AS that have been taken pretty good care of. Not leaking yet but last week I started to feel that familiar tremor in the corner of my eye saying this seal isn't what it used to be. I'm lucky I have 5 swims on these guys. Other than sitting for about a month of not being able to get to the pool I've been very careful to rinse and dry these ones since I'm sick of dropping money like it's going out of style for soft goggles that don't hurt my nose. I broke my nose in my younger days and classic goggles don't really work. The way I see it is if one pair of these even last a year I'd actually be saving money compared to the AS. Still a couple of months before I'd drop the money on them but I'm getting fed up with either dealing with pain or goggles that are great for a minute but after that they suck.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: The Magic durability [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine broke this week, where the strap attaches to the top of the eye cup. I rotate goggles, but probably 20 hours max. I may try to glue it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m 0 for 2 on them. The lens coating (gold color on the front) started peeling on my first pair after 7-10 hours. They were replaced and the nose piece (at the goggles frame, not the replaceable piece) on the second pair broke the second time I put them on.

The company was great about promptly replacing my first pair and I’m sure would do the same for the second, but I’m not a very patient person so it’s back to Sables for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They need to evolve more before I would consider buying a pair. But at the inflated price, I doubt that I will ever buy them. Right now they are a button hole short of being junk.
In Reply To:

Many good goggles that are generally and universally liked, such as the Vanquisher 2, have multiple nose pieces and fit well over a wide variety of face/eye anatomy. They don’t leak and are dead reliable. And they are about $20.
Quote Reply
Re: The Magic durability [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:
They need to evolve more before I would consider buying a pair. But at the inflated price, I doubt that I will ever buy them. Right now they are a button hole short of being junk.
In Reply To:

Many good goggles that are generally and universally liked, such as the Vanquisher 2, have multiple nose pieces and fit well over a wide variety of face/eye anatomy. They don’t leak and are dead reliable. And they are about $20.

I’ve tried V2’s but without much luck. Might give them another chance since it’s been many years since I’ve used them and I’m a different swimmer now, maybe a little more comfortable in goggles and wear them a little better.

Quote Reply
Re: The Magic durability [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If yours broke, reach out to them. They are pretty responsive. My first pair broke at the eye socket area too
Quote Reply
Re: The Magic durability [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always hear about Speedo Vanquishers in goggle debates and discussion. My problem is the bridge of my nose is crooked and has a huge knot or bump. Different sized nose pieces always end up just wider. I need something taller, soft, or on higher up on the eye piece. Which is why I’ve been using Aquashperes lately as that covers two out of three. It’s a little higher and it’s soft so doesn’t put a hurt on my nose.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try speedo speed sockets. They’re a little smaller than vanqishers, but the nose bridge has quite a high arch. It should clear most peoples’ noses.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply