Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Lance/USADA updates
Quote | Reply
Tonight was the deadline for final filings before Judge Sparks for the decision on if the lawsuit would .

Lance's team sent in a lot of pages, including what I can only describe as a long and winding letter from USAC. The UCI requested they provide a letter saying that according to UCI's rules as a IF, USAC acts at the behest of the UCI so UCI has jurisdiction. So they sent the letter. But try making sense of the USAC logic on the topic, because I couldn't.

The USADA sent in a few pages that susinctly state their case, and point out that USAC's rules are overriden by the WADA code, as stated in USAC's own rules.

I do wish they would have given a few more details about their case to close that loop, but it will be interesting to see if that's enough for Sparks to not dismiss the case, because the rest of the evidence from Lance's side is not compelling.
Last edited by: pick6: Aug 17, 12 20:35
Quote Reply
Re: The Lance/USADA updates [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The Lance/USADA updates [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
Deadline is 23rdhttp://espn.go.com/...ce-armstrong-lawyers[/quote[/url]]

Wrong deadline. Sparks gave both sides 7 days to provide additional briefs, both sides of course waited until last minute to turn them in. I assumed USADA was waiting to turn theirs in because it would name names, especially as Vaughters came out of the doping closet (publically anyways, privately he's been making it known for a while) this week.

They had until 5 CT today. Neither side missed the deadline this time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nevermind...
Last edited by: J_R: Aug 17, 12 20:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
...because the rest of the evidence from Lance's side is compelling.

What evidence do you feel is compelling?

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Lance/USADA updates [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paulo Sousa wrote:
pick6 wrote:
...because the rest of the evidence from Lance's side is compelling.

What evidence do you feel is compelling?

good lord that was the worst typo ever. I meant NOT compelling. Long day, too much work, too much reading, not enough riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what I was thinking.

From what the judge said last week, Lance needs to make a case for why he's not bound by the rules of arbitration and USADA needs to prove that they can provide a fair process.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paulo Sousa wrote:

From what the judge said last week, Lance needs to make a case for why he's not bound by the rules of arbitration and USADA needs to prove that they can provide a fair process.

Which they couldn't because it's not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fact that Lance is evading a hearing is telling how guilty he is. Funny how the USADA was able to go after other athletes, but they are not deemed worthy enough to go after Lance. What a crock of shit.

Last edited by: AJHull: Aug 17, 12 21:18
Quote Reply
Re: The Lance/USADA updates [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclops wrote:
Paulo Sousa wrote:

Which they couldn't because it's not.

actually no, all they had to prove is that the court has no jurisdiction, which they did. Steps 4 and 18 of the AAA process, plus they actually got Lance to confirm he signed his cards, that he previously stated USADA had jurisdiction, and that while UCI seems intent on riding the lance train right out of the Olympics (and 20% of their funding which comes from IOC), there's nothing that proves that even if UCI asserts authority that the federal courts have any jurisdiction.

Oh, and if UCI does actually assert jurisdiction once the case is out of the federal courts, USADA/WADA will appeal to CAS and will win. The WADA code overrides rules from IF's and NF's, its in their rules, they're just trying to act like it's not for the purposes of protecting Lance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really makes you wonder how deep this thing goes... We are getting pretty deep with the uci and usaa stuff.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The Lance/USADA updates [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:
The fact that Lance is evading a hearing is telling how guilty he is. Funny how the USADA was able to go after other athletes, but they are not deemed worthy enough to go after Lance. What a crock of shit.

I guess all those women evading the Salem Witch trials were actually witches too huh? Your logic sucks. Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? Do you have all of the evidence? Do you know the facts of the case? Are you the judge?

I personally don't care if some cheated to beat everyone else who was also cheating. It's a level playing field either way. Now it does suck as far as time records go, but professional cycling racing has been a drug supported sport since it's beginning. If you think otherwise, then you haven't done any research on the topic at all. So even if Lance did it, it still doesn't matter one iota. All of this is taking place because some asshat with a law degree is trying to make a big name for himself and fill his pocket with other people's money. This has nothing to do with bike racing and everything to do with money.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:

Actually the Valverde case is the biggest indicator that once this thing passes, the UCI will go right back to pushing everything they can on the NFs. They dont want to spend their money prosecuting their athletes when theyd much rather have them on the road, clean or not. In my opinion, UCI is protecting their biggest name, because they know if they don't he could very well take them down. All Lance has to do is start talking about how he got around tests. No way he can do that without help from the inside.

Lance winning this to save his own skin actually could set a scary precidence that UCI could take over any process from a NF or anti doping org, meaning any rider they dont want to face charges they could get off on this process. Just wait til their next big name gets caught in a country where doping is actually illegal.
Quote Reply
Re: The Lance/USADA updates [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AnthonyS wrote:
AJHull wrote:

I guess all those women evading the Salem Witch trials were actually witches too huh? Your logic sucks. Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? Do you have all of the evidence? Do you know the facts of the case? Are you the judge?

I personally don't care if some cheated to beat everyone else who was also cheating. It's a level playing field either way. Now it does suck as far as time records go, but professional cycling racing has been a drug supported sport since it's beginning. If you think otherwise, then you haven't done any research on the topic at all. So even if Lance did it, it still doesn't matter one iota. All of this is taking place because some asshat with a law degree is trying to make a big name for himself and fill his pocket with other people's money. This has nothing to do with bike racing and everything to do with money.

Not everyone doped. That alone kills your theory. Credit Agricole was clean per Vaughters, Phonak was clean per Floyd. The big names doped, but Lance and bruyneel allegedly mislead the team into the fact that everyone was doping, and it was systemic on other teams as well.

You're right about one thing though, it does have everything to do with money. Lances money, and his friends. Look at who runs USAC. Then take a look at who the partners are in Lances management company, or who were when USPS was running. Then look at Paul Sherwins gold mine, and look at who the partners are in that. Its all pretty easy to trace, and its all the same people.
Quote Reply
Re: The Lance/USADA updates [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM35-39 wrote:
Really makes you wonder how deep this thing goes... We are getting pretty deep with the uci and usaa stuff.

USAC tried to stay out of it. Note who the USAC letters came from. I think in the US, even Lances friends see the writing on the wall. But the UCI has too much to lose, like their IF status if Lance were to rat out that they helped him cover up positives or know when tests were coming.

In terms of conspiracy theories because there's only so much that can be proven: USAC was run previously by Lance's agent who wrote the rules, which back during the tailwind lawsuit for Lances bonus worked for Lance establishing USADA jurisdiction. The same people running USAC are also partners with Lance in Paul Sherwins gold mine. and ran Lances management team during USPS heyday. That's all easily tracable. What the 100k donation to UCI was really for is another matter, which has been debated. The receipt for the sysmex machine has never left posession of the UCI, and the two reporters that have seen it were not allowed to photocopy, photograph, or even write down the details. Whatever they could remember was all they were allowed to take with them. Again, all documented publicly. Not the type of organization that seems really focused on fairness and openness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AnthonyS wrote:

All of this is taking place because some asshat with a law degree is trying to make a big name for himself and fill his pocket with other people's money. This has nothing to do with bike racing and everything to do with money.

I didn't realise Lance had been to university?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boom. Salem witch trials in your face. Strong work. It's a big witch
hunt. Keep convincing yourself they actually have a case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" Phonak was clean per Floyd"
-------------------
Well then you go...since Floyd always told the truth and never changed his story you gotta assume this assertion is correct <pink off>

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what the judge said last week, Lance needs to make a case for why he's not bound by the rules of arbitration

Judge: You need to make a case of why you are not bound by the rules of arbitration.

Lance: Because I won the TDF 7 times and provide lots of money for cancer awareness.
Quote Reply
Re: The Lance/USADA updates [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FJB wrote:
From what the judge said last week, Lance needs to make a case for why he's not bound by the rules of arbitration

Judge: You need to make a case of why you are not bound by the rules of arbitration.

Lance: Because I won the TDF 7 times and provide lots of money for cancer awareness and paid the UCI lots of money to validate their corrupt system.

I tweeked that for you.
Quote Reply
Re: The Lance/USADA updates [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
-------------------
Well then you go...since Floyd always told the truth and never changed his story you gotta assume this assertion is correct <pink off>

I dont disagree that Floyd alone is at best a sketchy witness. Except he's never changed his story about that, and multiple sources validate it, plus when Floyd was there, he was the only one busted from the team. Thats not to say individual riders werent doping, but as a team it seems they werent on a doping program.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:

The fact that you say Lance is guilty is enough for me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
david wrote:
-------------------

I dont disagree that Floyd alone is at best a sketchy witness. Except he's never changed his story about that, and multiple sources validate it, plus when Floyd was there, he was the only one busted from the team. Thats not to say individual riders werent doping, but as a team it seems they werent on a doping program.

I guess it was a coincidence that Phonak riders kept getting busted. 11 doping busts in a six year period....the worst record of any pro team in that period.

Only a fool thinks Phonak was clean.
Quote Reply
Re: The Lance/USADA updates [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salmon Steve wrote:
AnthonyS wrote:

All of this is taking place because some asshat with a law degree is trying to make a big name for himself and fill his pocket with other people's money. This has nothing to do with bike racing and everything to do with money.

I didn't realise Lance had been to university?

I didn't reallize you were illiterate. You don't think LA and the USADA don't have armies of lawyers trying to make mad money and names for themselves? If there weren't any money in it, this wouldn't be news at all.

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
AnthonyS wrote:
AJHull wrote:

Not everyone doped. That alone kills your theory. Credit Agricole was clean per Vaughters, Phonak was clean per Floyd. The big names doped, but Lance and bruyneel allegedly mislead the team into the fact that everyone was doping, and it was systemic on other teams as well.

You're right about one thing though, it does have everything to do with money. Lances money, and his friends. Look at who runs USAC. Then take a look at who the partners are in Lances management company, or who were when USPS was running. Then look at Paul Sherwins gold mine, and look at who the partners are in that. Its all pretty easy to trace, and its all the same people.

Floyd said..... wow now there is a great argument. Didn't Floyd lose his TdF because he was doing it?

Go read up. Drugs and bicycle racing have gone together like hot dogs and relish since the beginning. It's a non issue.

Quote Reply

Prev Next