Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Human Body Never Ceases to Amaze Me
Quote | Reply
Upon returning home from my Saturday am ride, my wife promptly informed me, hands on the hips (men - you know what I mean), that "my daughter," that is my 2 year old daughter, had swallowed a penny, a dime or a quarter. My wife was not sure which one it was, but was sure it was one of them. While I still don't understand that, this occurrence was somehow my fault. I'm guessing it was because I was absent from the home.

The doctor told us that it was likley that the object would pass, but we should watch her carefully and inspect her stools. I was not convinced. How the hell was that thing going to make it through her tiny little digestive tract? I was imagining the MRI and the surgeon telling us that it would have to be surgically removed. I all could think about was the scars on her plump little belly.

Because it was my fault, I was assigned the task of inspecting the poop. It was horrible. The stench my little monster can put out it amazing . . . sticky little stuff too. Regardless, I have never been so excited for my daughter to shit.

Three days after the incident, and after shifting through three or four foul sticky poops, I found my prize amongst some partially digested lima beans. There it was, a beautiful shiny little late model penny.

Holy shit and thank God!
Quote Reply
Re: The Human Body Never Ceases to Amaze Me [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Save that penny, and pull it out on prom night to share the story with her date.

Save the poop too cause the guy might be like Tom D.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: The Human Body Never Ceases to Amaze Me [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It might actually be Tom D...

I am a paramedic and I can say that people call 911 for this all of the time. I imagine that what happens is that the child starts choking because it is blocking the airway. After a couple of coughs, it finds its way down the esophagus. By the time we get there typically there is no longer an emergency, and our job is normally to calm the frantic mother and reassure her that there is nothing to worry about. I often try to lighten the atmosphere with a quip like, "swallowing a quarter is not that big of a deal, unless of course you find 2 dimes and a nickel in the diaper." Unfortunately, most people don't get the joke.

Bernie

Re: The Human Body Never Ceases to Amaze Me [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been there done that.

Swallowed a coin as a kid. Kept looking in the toilet for it but never did see it come out the other end.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: The Human Body Never Ceases to Amaze Me [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great idea. Done.

BTW, while driving into work today I remembered that when my son was about the same age, he fed a penny into the CD player in my car. We had to replace the whole thing. My family must have issues with pennies.
Quote Reply
Re: The Human Body Never Ceases to Amaze Me [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The doctor said it is common to not find the object. I reckon this is because most people do not relish the task of looking for the little bugger. Regardless, the fact that she wears a diaper helps a lot.
Quote Reply