Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Hoff’s pain cave
Quote | Reply
Triathlon Taren did YouTube on Ben’s Tucson Torture Chamber. All 3 sports on the compound.
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's embed youtube properly

Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

pretty sick

That pool spa hotub is awesomeeeeee wowwww

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it actually act as a hot tub or just have jets? Seems like it would be a hassle to constantly change the temps that drastically.
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msaad7 wrote:
Does it actually act as a hot tub or just have jets? Seems like it would be a hassle to constantly change the temps that drastically.

This one has a separate spa area

https://www.endlesspools.com/20ft-e2000-swim-spa.php

The Ultimate Fitness & Hydromassage Pool
Our 20' Endless Pools Fitness System lets you have it all. The fitness area features the smooth, fully adjustable Endless Pools Swim Current, and the separate spa area offers jetted, hydromassage seating.
With the E2000, you independently control two temperatures:
  • In the fitness area, swim or do water aerobics at a comfortable 82 degrees.
  • Then unwind at 104 degrees with the hydromassage jets of the spa area!

Last edited by: plant_based: Jan 26, 20 17:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You would never have to leave. That place is sick! Sauna, Woodway treadmill and a swim spa. That’s heaven right there. I want a Woodway treadmill so bad, just to expensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just really want that Oakley "wall" #sick

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:

Yeah I’m obsessed with optics too and love Oakley - that wall was impressive.

Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:

Yeah I’m obsessed with optics too and love Oakley - that wall was impressive.

The pain cave is absolutely amazing but I think what caught my attention most is that sick Oakley wall!!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's like a Cervelo only bike shop with a dash of Santa Cruz!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think what caught me off guard was the fact that Cervelo gave him TWO S5s. Like, you would think they would just tell him he'll have to change a skewer when he wants to ride on a trainer but apparently not...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
It's like a Cervelo only bike shop with a dash of Santa Cruz!

Seriously. Forget about the Oakley's, that is a sick bike collection!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow thanks for sharing this...that was a great video and gave me a lot of insight and damn Hoff has so many bikes!!!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I think what caught me off guard was the fact that Cervelo gave him TWO S5s. Like, you would think they would just tell him he'll have to change a skewer when he wants to ride on a trainer but apparently not...

Maybe from different years? Still, amazing collection of bikes, even if several are quite redundant. Maybe the gearing setup is different on the PX bikes he has - or he doesn't ride the older ones anymore.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

Maybe from different years? Still, amazing collection of bikes, even if several are quite redundant. Maybe the gearing setup is different on the PX bikes he has - or he doesn't ride the older ones anymore.
The crazy thing is he has only been sponsored by Cervelo for 1 year right? Didn't race Kona 2018 because of the Cape Epic situation which some say might have cost him his Specialized deal. Doubt he rides the p5x anymore but the other 3 I guess in theory have their own applications. Definitely an incredible collection.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where I could find a shelf like Ben has (the one at the beginning of the video he's storing his helmets/shoes on...beside the oakley rack)? Need something like that, don't even know what it would be called
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love his bikes collection
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't be afraid to buy a used Woodway! I bought a used one a couple of years ago that was three years old with less than 200 miles on it. Paid $3.5K from Ebay. The customer service with Woodway is fantastic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:
You would never have to leave. That place is sick! Sauna, Woodway treadmill and a swim spa. That’s heaven right there. I want a Woodway treadmill so bad, just to expensive.

He got that one for <$2000. You just have to look around on local for sale ads (that was off CL) and be willing to do some work on it yourself if necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:

That was a timing thing.

But also the Hoff doesn't change his own flats, he swaps bikes.

Quote:
Didn't race Kona 2018 because of the Cape Epic situation which some say might have cost him his Specialized deal.

Also, why propagate stuff like that? Rumormongering.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Jan 27, 20 12:30
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how much does one of those swim spas cost?
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That one looks somewhere in the 20s, depending on specific options chosen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:

let's say you want a woodway 4front, which is what fam ran on a couple of days ago and what i have in my workshop. the going rate on a good used woodway is $4,000 to $6,000. at the upper end of that range are factory refurbs.

the older woodways don't emit a BLE signal. mine is an overachiever. it has BLE, and i have a unit in the device's CSAFE port that emits a second. however, i'm about to emit a third, in that i'm going to put a RUNN unit on it, from zwift, that's an optical speed sensor that outputs a BLE signal. either that or a stryde power meter would give you a very accurate read, and honestly i suspect the RUNN unit will be the most accurate of all. i'll probably bypass both of my built-in BLE signals and use that one. the moral being, you don't need a woodway to send a BLE signal; you have 2 options that are as good or better, and each is, like $100 or $100 and something dollars.

which leaves the speed. do you need it to go 15mph? if so, there's a jailbreak. if not, and running a 4:40 mile is fast enough for you, the woodway will do that. even the older woodways.

i'm probably going to write something on how to buy, what to look for, and how to refurb a used woodway. the *problem* with the woodway is that you have to run outside once for every 3 or so woodway runs or else you'll be sore the day after your outdoor run. you don't realize how leg-saving a woodway is until you run on it for 2 weeks everyday and then you run outside (even on trails).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The Hoff’s pain cave [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
you don't realize how leg-saving a woodway is until you run on it for 2 weeks everyday and then you run outside (even on trails).

sounds very alluring

Quote Reply

Prev Next