Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Giant OCR2 is back on the block and your picking the owner.
Quote | Reply
Once again the original receiver of the Giant has lost his mind and flaked on me. So once again I am offering the bike. This time it will go to whom I pick.

Rules-

1. 100 word or less essay. Can be written for yourself or someone else. Do not try to write in a way you think I want to read. Write from your heart and just lay out your case. There are no rules against style. Laughing or crying works the same so no tricks.

2. The receiver must be or become a regular on the board, as the bike must stay with the Slowtwitch family.

3. When a bike upgrade is made the bike is to be given to someone else on the forum.

4. No cash bribes but equipment trades are taken. May help may not just don't get hung up on a bidding war.

5. Deadline is a firm 18 January at 2359. Nothing after will be considered.

6. No PMs. All issues and entries will be done this thread and this thread only. All gripes will be out in the open.

7. Don't think you know what I am looking for because I don't know.

8. Feel free to write for you! Don't be a bitch and not want to seem selfish or less deserving. I will make no decisions on who writes what.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: Mr. Tibbs: Jan 16, 05 13:21
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant OCR2 is back on the block. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size is it?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant OCR2 is back on the block. [StillRecord10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Large if I remember right.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant OCR2 is back on the block. [StillRecord10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's large.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just sold my bikes (Cannondale Multisport and a Schwinn Homegrown) to use for a down payment on a home. Even though I miss my bikes as you get older you realize that you think of other people instead of yourself. So I thought a home for my family vs. throwing money away on rent would be the mature thing to do. I'm very thankful for our new home....but I'm not gonna lie, I miss my bikes too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

ME.

<100 words.

However, don't bother judging as I already have a tri and road bike. I just like writing essays!

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im an absolute newbie in triathlon, but I have always lived a very active lifestyle, and I tried many different sports since early childhood. I played soccer, competed in martial arts, raced mountain bikes, and I most recently got hooked on road riding. All of my idols possessed super human traits. Pele, Diego Maradona, Bruce Lee and Eddy Merckx had a few things in common; they were (are) worshipped for being stronger, faster and more talented than any of their competitors in the same era.

A few weeks ago, however, everything changed for me, and I no longer dream about beating my own peers. It happened instantaneously as I watched an Ironman video at my friends house. Suddenly, I realized why I love sports so much, and what makes me feel good about myself. Its not about crushing opponents in a race or looking fit on my bike. It became so clear through a single person who couldnt even finish the 2002 event in Kona. It was Marc Herremans that made it so clear: most athletes live to race, but triathletes race to live.

I learned so much about the special way of life in martial arts in the past, but I could never connect with the concept before seeing Marc on that DVD.
Last edited by: karesz: Jan 14, 05 14:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs, how about a picture? I hadn't seen it noted anywhere, but I believe Giants sized as a "large" are for lads between 5'10"ish and 6'3"ish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't need the bike at all. My sister, though, would love to have a bike. Unfortunately, this one is too big, so what I would do if I got it, is post for a trade for a smaller bike for her.

Let me tell you about my sister. She's a divorced mother of two who lives in Santa Fe. She's primarily a runner but in the past was a swimmer and still swims for cross training. She's a TNT coach and works in a running store near downtown (if you can call it that).
Her big recent sports moments in life:
A couple of years ago, she was nominated for the Wheaties Everyday Champion contest. It was narrowed down to 5 candidates from all over the country, of which she was one. She didn't get the big one, but she ended up on the back of the Wheaties Energy Crunch cereal box. One standout nominee, that also didn't win was Cherie Gruenfield who has had an article written on her in Triathlete Magazine.
Because of that and her extensive community service, one day last year was declared in her name in the state of New Mexico by the Governor.
Just recently, she ran the marathon of her life. At 50 years old, she got second at St. George in 3:10.
My sister really wants to get into triathlon and I believe she'll be a masters champion. If she only had a bike. Finances are not permitting that as yet.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs, I asked for it for my friend. He still needs it, can't afford one for himself. I'll still include the travel case for your P3 if you desire. I'm going out of town until Monday. Please hold the bike for me and we'll work out the details later.

If the nice way didn't work, just give us the fucking bike and the rest of you can go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut. Please don't take offense, I'm just not good at small talk.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant OCR2 is back on the block. [damn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Subtle, very nice.

So is this called off now Tibbs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The receiver must be or become a regular on the board
Quote:
the bike must stay with the Slowtwitch family.

Does this include brothers/friends etc. of sometimes posters?

Seems like you are attaching more conditions that when you got it. You want someone to dance for you. Control freak.

That "Wiley" guy did that too, when he supposedly gave away the Forerunner 201.
Last edited by: Monk: Jan 14, 05 15:52
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant OCR2 is back on the block. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That brother/sister/mom/dad/friend/gimp needs to become part of the family. This not only my idea but the orginal givers and he will take it back if it is not handed over to a regular.

How hard is it to post once a week and keep in touch?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bitch. Most professional "dancers" work their shit a lot harder than what it takes to type 100 words, and get paid a lot less. Make 'em dance Tibbs.
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant OCR2 is back on the block. [damn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love ya damn but damn man I am here to not be understood. Love ya tons though and good luck.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a dick and everyone hates me, so I never get any free stuff. Doesnt that mean it should be my turn? I have a nice race bike, but I'm looking for a spare that I can outfit with Power Cranks so I can get really fast and then I can blow snot over my shoulder at all of you. I deserve to get another bike, because I'm the nicest guy I know, but my GF says if I buy one, she'll dump me. Eleven words to spare!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

There must be some story I'm missing about these Garmin units. Is there a secret handshake or something?

As for the bike . . . I need a medium, Tibbs. I swear, sometimes it seems like you can't get anything right. ;)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant OCR2 is back on the block. [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I am a dick and everyone hates me"

CE,

Relax. It's OK. I don't hate you. :)
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant OCR2 is back on the block. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Relax. It's OK. I don't hate you. :)"

Dude, you're hatin' on my game. I'm playing the sympathy angle...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm playing the sympathy angle... "

Well, didn't you notice that I said nothing about the "dick" part. hehehehe :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
How hard is it to post once a week and keep in touch?

I guess that qualifies--its better than my family.

However, it looks like you are still in the control mode.
Last edited by: Monk: Jan 14, 05 21:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
my GF says if I buy one, she'll dump me.
Sounds like a win-win. Probably best for her, too.
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant OCR2 is back on the block. [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

There must be some story I'm missing about these Garmin units. Is there a secret handshake or something?
There was a wealthy entrepreneur that used to post here named JoeMWiley whoe gave away a Forerunner 201 to whoever could come up with the best training mantra in some limited number of words. He's dead now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my appeal:

My business partner and I just signed an agreement linking our coaching/training service to a local juniors racing team. We are providing them with coaching services for the entire team for the full season. Do the math on what coaching services cost, and you can figure out how substantial a committment this is for a team of 20 or so.

If you send me the frame, I will pass it along to the kids. Someone new will ride the frame every season until it finally dies a heroic death.

MH

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Giant OCR2 is back on the block. [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride a steel frame that I can't even lift with 1 hand. It had double brake levers and foam-covered dropbars. It still has down-tube shifters. But, I hammer rides out with guys on p2k's and litespeeds, all hills, all 30 pounds. Luckily, I was able to squeeze on an 8-speed cassette, up from the 5. I've got it running pretty well, and love working with mechanical things- car maintenance, bike care, sewing projects, anything.

Why do I ride this steel-beast? I'm in grad school and bikes aren't free.

PS. My second water bottle cage is duct-taped to the frame.

---------------
I'm 6'0". My bike is monstrous - maybe equivalent to XL, so this would fit MUCH better. Put 3200 miles on it last year, hoping for more this year, so I know what I am getting myself into.

John Heiss
PhD Biochemistry, UCLA
Founder, Prolong Energy
http://www.prolongenergy.com
Last edited by: jkh2828: Jan 17, 05 23:36
Quote Reply

Prev Next