Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [mlbdenver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday I did another 4200m. Not sure if I am going to reach my goal but will definetly keep at it.. Have fun everyone

Lana

Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [tri_2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The point is that we're all getting in some swimming!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
51,000m as of 12/13. Not sure which I prefer, this short, fast stuff or the distance and strength work of November. It's all training, so it's all good.

"But I like a cookie!"
-Hammy
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cobbled together a total of 4500 today 12/13. 53,000 for the month. Looking forward to when they get this pump fixed. This smaller pool is very warm and has ALOT of chlorine in it. The laps today were looonnnggg. Am happy to be over half way to 100K though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FLU. no pool for me.

http://www.ksweetstrispot.blogspot.com

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge
Contemporary Alternative Care

Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [ksweet863] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
FLU. no pool for me.
That sucks...I just got over the flu...today was my first day back in the pool after a week off...I just added up my meters and I'm at 25K meters. Might not make the 100K this month due to the week off...
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [joonya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long course meters tonight...wantred to keep going, but they were swithing the pool back to scy.

2x[3,2,1]; 4x50 build; 3x[6x100 on 1:45(last on 2:00)] decend sets; 4x200pull

4800m = 5250y

day total: 5250

month total: 52,800

predicted after 13 days: 125,907
Quote Reply
oh no! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you feel better soon :)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its been horrible. i willed myself all season to stay healthy and it worked...first week of offseason training and it hit me like a ton of bricks. i dont think ive had a fever since 1990! hopefully getting in the pool for an easy workout tomorrow -thatll get me back on track.

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, I managed to tear some ligaments in my leg so I have to bail on the running challenge and I'm going to join you water lovers. Keep in mind I've done 350 yards so far this month and don't usually swim unless in a race, so be gentle. But. . . since all I'm allowed to do is swim now (which is pretty much my definition of h#ll, btw), I figure an avg of 2K/day for the rest of the month is reasonable.

So my goal will be 30K. Yards. ('cause that'd be less than using meters, I believe <grin>)
Quote Reply
Re: oh no! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
back in tonight after a few days off.

8,300 + 3,550 = 11,850

After 3,100 I did a timed 200 in 2:37! That's a friggin' 33 second PR! Swimming rocks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6300 tonight.

47,050 total

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: oh no! [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your 200 PR!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4000 more today 12/14. 57,000 for the month. Getting a little tired now....:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC,

warm up
600 easy free
400 kick

main set
5 x 100 @ 1:30, held 1:10's
100 drills
5 x 100 @ 1:25, held 1:08's
100 drills
5 x 100 @ 1:20, held 1:07's

c/d
500 pull w/paddles and buoy
500 pull buoy only

3700 total, brings me to 20,600 for the month.

PS I tried DougStern's sewing machine drill....wow. What do you know...the man knows his stuff! I noticed an immediate difference.....

my twitter feed
Last edited by: jpflores: Dec 14, 06 15:08
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have yet to try that drill, I'll try it out tomorrow morning.

No swim for me today. 45* in Maine in December, took the bike out instead!!! And had a near miss with a car, but we're both okay - I have a small scrape on my knee.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12/14 2500m, 21500m total
1k warmup (mixed strokes, sculling drills, catchups, side strokes)
1k 2 x 250 paddles/250 no paddles
5 x 100 1'40" @ 2'

then the aquarobics class showed up and saved my tired behind .... now down nearly 12k from the mid month goal, with 1.5 days till it arrives. hmmmm.
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [joonya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A little easier practice then normal, but good yardage...

2x[3,2,1]; 5x100 dr/sw by 50 on 1:45; 5x100 ki/dr/bu/hr on 1:45; 100ez; 10x100 on 1:20; 100ez; 5x100 im on 1:40; 100ez; 500 kick straight; 4x500 pl on 7:00 (6:20,6:17,6:15,5:59); 500 cd

day total: 7000

month total: 59,800

predicted after 14 days: 132,414
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tigerchik, put me down for another 3500m so far this week which brings me to 11,000m since Dec 1. If I can keep this pace I might go beyond my 15,000m goal and hit 20,000m for the month!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
60,100m as of 12/14.
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
struggled through 3600 last night. 4000 today felt a bit better. im at about 90% so not too bad!

total: 7600

ScottUSA
Profile Design
Fastrack Bicycle & Run
Sarasota Surge

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't checked in due to (a) grading finals, (b) arguing about swimming theory on other threads, (c) swimming too much and being exhausted!

I'm on track for 75K through the first 2 weeks. My coach was more than happy to bump up my yardage now that my classes are done!

Here was my fun for today:

20:00 Dryland
1 x 400 Choice Swim
4 x 125 Choice Kick-75 Steady/50 Fast
8x 50 Des. 1-4 and 5-8
1 x 100 Easy Swim Choice
5 x 300 Steady on :15 rest Free IM's
1 x 100 Easy Swim Choice
3 x 400 Kick with Fins alt. fly and bk
1 x 100 Easy Swim Choice
12 x 50 :05 Rest, Strong and Steady
1 x 300 Easy Swim Choice
5,200 Yards Back tonight for 3K recovery session.
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [imatopos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had my last class this morning. Two tests Monday and I'm done.

Slept in instead of swimming this morning... lol. I have fallen off the swim wagon these past few days! should be ok though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ocean swim this morning. Call it 2,500 yards.....23,100 for the month.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3500 this AM 12/15 60,500 for the month...and two Panera cinnamon crunch bagels tonight!
Our school district starts break on the 21st. Hoping to use the time to get to that 100K.
Quote Reply

Prev Next