Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for 50K.

That puts me over a quarter million for the year. Quarter million.....wow that sounds like a lot more than 250K. :-)))

3200 down, 46.8K to go. score is 6.4%

You get to keep track this time. :-))

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sure hope you are right! I just committed to IM Brazil, which means I have 3 months less to be ready than I originally thought I did!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm in for 50K.

That puts me over a quarter million for the year. Quarter million.....wow that sounds like a lot more than 250K. :-)))

3200 down, 46.8K to go. score is 6.4%

You get to keep track this time. :-))

Oh man...I can see the challenge for next YEAR... who can swim 1,000,000 yds/meters....who's in?????

BTW...it works out to just under 27,500 a day, just over 19,000 a week.
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seeing your post I decided to go and check my log and add it up. 554,000 meters for the year. My running mileage for 2006 is the lowest it has been in 20 years, but the swimming has let me stay in the game...though truth be told, in the game heavier than usual.
Course now I am wondering if trying to do a 100k in one month is smart considering it took 11 months to get 500,000+. We'll see!
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I'm only hopingfor 25K thismonth, even with the holiday. I'm obviously not as hard core as some of yall, but if I can do this on two days of swim per week, I'll be happy. If I can make 30K, I'll be ecstatic!!!

Jason

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why am I a troublemaker?! I'm an angel... ;)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll keep track, no problem.

you made me curious what my yearly yardage was, so I went back through my log and added it up: 1,200,900 yds to date. Works out to ~325 hrs in the pool staring at that black line... oh my god that's a long time.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, time for an interesting experiment. I'll log the December mileage until my Christmas break. No distance week. Unlike November, speed will be the emphasis instead of strength/conditioning. I'm hoping 90k for the first 3 weeks, we'll see how the work and training schedules pan out. So less than half of November's total. See how that goes.
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [Baldric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what will you do with all the time you're not in the water?! hee hee.

you're in. see the front page for names, goals, and current yardage. Happy SWIMMING

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a 100km week?

Not unheard of in swimming circles...
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you entering the challenge with that as your goal yardage ;)

14.3k a day, every day, for a week = 4 hrs/day x 7 days = 28 hrs of swimming

I'm not interested. I LOVE to swim but I think after that much time in a week, I'd want to drown myself.

Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm... Sounds ambitious. :)
Last edited by: Baldric: Dec 1, 06 17:09
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [Baldric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"ambitious" is one word to describe it
"exhausting" comes to mind.

7,400 yds for me today:
12oo w/u
1o x 1oo on 1:30 desc 1:15--1:10
12 x 5o on :5o recovery
4 x 1ooo off the blocks, ~2min rest between - held 12:30s
6oo c/d back

I really like doing sets of the blocks, it makes that first 25 feel so fast! then, uh, 975 left to go :P

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll join. I too am doing a swimming focus thing for two months. I saw the november thread and it looked fun. But I didn't count my yards. So I'll calculate a reasonable goal for december and try to shoot for it.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [Xterraguy15-19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sure. once you calculate your goal, tell me, and I'll add you to the list on the front page.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 sessions of 10km.

our coach had that as a training week back when i was a swimmer. aussie guy. old school. would throw kickboards at you. got sent home from swim camp by the parents.

pity i was a lil overweight then, couldn't handle it, and made only half the sessions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're making me feel lazy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not too dog anyone's training, but if you are a multisport athlete swimming 100K per week, I have to wonder why?
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this was as a pure swimmer. i don't think it would be possible to do too much other training if you were doing 100km/week in the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9k as of 12/02.

Folks who swim 100k weeks are nutters. Nutters with shoulder problems. Nutters with shoulder problems and ear infections. Nutters with shoulder problems and ear infections and chlorine cough...this could expand ad infinitum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2,900 through 12/3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, it's the 3rd already, and I'm only 5,000 in. Have to get ahead of schedule for the inevitable lost days during XMas and NYear.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another 4000 today Sunday, 12/3. 13,500 so far. Hope my shoulders hold out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today my son wanted to go to the pool for public swim, so I managed to knock off 2000m (in the single lane that they put out amidst the frenzy of a zillion kids) . I now need to do 13,000m in Dec given my lame 15K target! Its nice when you set your bar low!
Quote Reply
Re: The December Swim Challenge: for the fish who just haven't gotten enough yet [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Its nice when you set your bar low!"

Dev,

Can't get much lower than my bar - zero metres! If I do any more, it's a bonus.

Not sure if I can count the sessions of cannon-ball jumps and 20 trips down the water-silde this afternoon with my son Matt.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Dec 3, 06 13:20
Quote Reply

Prev Next