Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT)
Quote | Reply
Stacked men's and women's fields, and once again they're going to have a live stream!

http://www.challenge-family.com/live/

Men:
Nico Krohnfoth
Zibi Szlufick
Sven Riederer
Jesper Svensson
Michael Raelert
Maurice Clavel
Marc Unger
Trevor Wurtele
Ivan Kalashnikov
Florian Angert
James Cunnama
Pieter Heemeryck
Allister Caird
ALEJANDRO SANTAMARIA
Antony COSTES
Simon Jørn Hansen
Gustavo RodrĂ­guez Iglesias
Johannes Moldan
Hannes Cool
Christian Brader
James Cunnama
Adam Bowden
Sebastian Neef
Bart Aernouts
Samuel Appleton
Lionel Sanders
Mauricio Mendez
Andreas Dreitz
Till Schramm
Sebastian Kienle
Christian Altstadt
Patrick Dirksmeier
Max Neumann
Sven Riederer
Richard Varga

Women:
Erika Csomor
Heather Wurtele
Kimberley Morrison
Nikki Bartlett
Ellie Salthouse
Diana Riesler
Corina Hengartner
Emma Pallant
Laura Siddall
Anna Eberhardt
Kaisa Sali
Katrien Verstuyft
Lisa Roberts
Anja Beranek
Annabel Luxford
Christine Cross
Sarah Lewis
Nikola Čorbová
Meredith Hill
Radka Vodickova
Dolça Ollé Gatell
Jeanni Seymour
Holly Khan
Lina-Kristin Schink
Alice Hector
Lucy Charles
Helle Frederiksen
Anne Haug
Isabella Boyer Moulin
Last edited by: Sean H: May 30, 18 10:51
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I'm lazy....what is the location of this race. Same as last year, Slovakia (spelling)? Argh, is that bad that it's not known?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, Samorin at that Biosphere place (you must not be on instagram - pros are already posting pics from there)
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That list had duplicates and were all out of alphabetical order ... Here's a much easier list for others to read. (Hope I'm not stepping on any toes)

Men

Adam Bowden
Alejandro Santamaria
Allister Caird
Andreas Dreitz
Antony Costes
Bart Aernouts
Christian Altstadt
Christian Brader
Florian Angert
Gustavo RodrĂ­guez Iglesias
Hannes Cool
Ivan Kalashnikov
James Cunnama
Jesper Svensson
Johannes Moldan
Lionel Sanders
Marc Unger
Maurice Clavel
Mauricio Mendez
Max Neumann
Michael Raelert
Nico Krohnfoth
Patrick Dirksmeier
Pieter Heemeryck
Richard Varga
Samuel Appleton
Sebastian Kienle
Sebastian Neef
Simon Jørn Hansen
Sven Riederer
Till Schramm
Trevor Wurtele
Zibi Szlufick

Women

Alice Hector
Anja Beranek
Anna Eberhardt
Annabel Luxford
Anne Haug
Christine Cross
Corina Hengartner
Diana Riesler
Dolça Ollé Gatell
Ellie Salthouse
Emma Pallant
Erika Csomor
Heather Wurtele
Helle Frederiksen
Holly Khan
Isabella Boyer Moulin
Jeanni Seymour
Kaisa Sali
Katrien Verstuyft
Kimberley Morrison
Laura Siddall
Lina-Kristin Schink
Lisa Roberts
Lucy Charles
Meredith Hill
Nikki Bartlett
Nikola Čorbová
Radka Vodickova
Sarah Lewis

This should be another great race given that the venue was incredible for last years event!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: PushThePace: May 30, 18 11:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet.....i check social media now less and less than I ever have.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's hope that the moto camera leading the men isn't quite as zealous as last year in getting "close up shots" so that the 20 meter spacing helps everyone fairly. I wasn't surprised when they were tight in on home boy Richard Varga but when it continued for every leader that followed it really wasn't cricket for those to the rear who were spacing themselves fairly. It's great that both men's and woman's fields are so stacked.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: May 30, 18 14:38
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed, but it didn't help that Brownlee was actively trying to draft the moto, following it from one side of the lane to the other. but yeah, the moto should just get to the side of the lead rider just like it was to the side of the chasers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's very rare with a well televised Triathlon event (which is not WTS), so looking forward to this! Coverage last year was REALLY good! Too bad brownlee is not at the starting line though!
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coverage last year was awesome. WTC should learn something from the excellent Challenge family to help their piss poor coverage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go with a women's podium of Charles/Haug/Pallant however if this were a bet, i'd box it because I have no idea in what order. I think the bigger draft zone may benefit Charles but not sure if that's enough to hold off Haug on the run.

Men, Sanders/Kienle/Appleton/Cunnama, I'd like to see Kienle win it but I'm sure Lionel will go balls out as he usually does.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree all around.

I'm curious to see how Lionel's swim goes, he's been swimming really well. But with Varga in the lineup the front of the race will be much faster, I'm just not sure if any of the other contenders can keep up with Varga or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I’m varga I wouldn’t want to go at it alone. Varga going alone likely doesn’t help him if he can’t get help on the bike. So if the select group can work together and force sebi and LS to work more before they catch, that to me is the scenario for success.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True - if Varga thinks he's a contender for a podium. But on the other hand, he's got a good opportunity to be alone out in front of the race (with live coverage), for quite awhile if he hammers the swim. I'm sure his sponsors would love that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Agree all around.

I'm curious to see how Lionel's swim goes, he's been swimming really well. But with Varga in the lineup the front of the race will be much faster, I'm just not sure if any of the other contenders can keep up with Varga or not.

Richard was in the race last year and no one even began to keep up with him including Alistair. Despite his slower swims so far this year, I still expect him to be swimming alone off the front with the home crowd and Huub cheering him on.

Hugh.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
If I’m varga I wouldn’t want to go at it alone. Varga going alone likely doesn’t help him if he can’t get help on the bike. So if the select group can work together and force sebi and LS to work more before they catch, that to me is the scenario for success.

I'd contend that working together really isn't that helpful with a 20 meter draft zone. What was very helpful last year was the close proximity of the photo moto directly in front of Richard until he was finally passed on the bike.

Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd also contend that thinking about it more, for Richard he's going to finish in 8th or worse pretty much no matter what, so go ahead and bang out 1 hour in front of the camera for the pub.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
Let's hope that the moto camera leading the men isn't quite as zealous as last year...

That was effing annoying - as it is in almost every filmed triathlon.

Do those hover drone cams go fast enough to stay in front of the athlete?

They would produce negligible draft but still give great head-on shots. They could have 10 of them on course at once - 5 following the men, and 5 following the women, allowing the director/producer to switch up often what the viewers are seeing depending where the drama is at any point in time.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
True - if Varga thinks he's a contender for a podium. But on the other hand, he's got a good opportunity to be alone out in front of the race (with live coverage), for quite awhile if he hammers the swim. I'm sure his sponsors would love that.

Varga went out alone last year even with brownlee in the field, I imagine he'l do the same this year. He won't be a contender anyway and he probably gets a bonus for fastest swim.

Think he was caught around 10k into the bike, so he might not even get an hour out front.
Last edited by: TriguyBlue: May 31, 18 18:55
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bowden as a darkhorse podium guy. He can swim, has a pretty strong bike, and has run around 1:10.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a race weekend!
Challenge with lionel and seb,
And 70.3 Kraichaug (or however you spell it), with lange and frodeno.

Lionels pre race prep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv4br8qOSfc

Live stream of challenge samorin here:

http://live.challenge-family.com/
Last edited by: lassekk: Jun 2, 18 23:15
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kienle out of the water 1:45 ahead of Lionel.

Lucy Charles smashed the swim as expected.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
Kienle out of the water 1:45 ahead of Lionel.

Lucy Charles smashed the swim as expected.

Gap is now 1 min, hope lionel is not burning all his matches right now. But now a very good swim from Lionel!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Off the bike - Kienle 2:10 back, Sanders 3:05 back in 7th.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: The Challenge Championship - Sunday June 3rd (Starts 2am CDT) [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just want to say once again, Challenge is setting the bar for live coverage and IM/WTC continues to be shite.
Quote Reply

Prev Next