Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahahahaha! Good point.

http://www.runningwithdoggies.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [VanDrunken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VanDrunken wrote:
Wow...Kienle is having the swim of his life.
Too bad the wind is light. I hope there's a good crosswind and he can get away...it'll make for a better race.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stevens is absolutely flying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getting chicked halfway through swim...ouch.

john

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya she is off by herself. SHe was about 28;20 at the turn, so just over 2 minutes slower than potts. This is where the split start hurts some women, she would certainly be in the mens group if she got to swim with them, which was the way it has always been. I like that the races are finally seperate though, makes it the same dynamic for both groups.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [followmybliss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck is officially leading the Hawaii Ironman, hauling timing gear to Kawaihai and Hawi, with Tim Carlson in tow. Should have some awesome "aero gear in action" on a future ST gallery. No wind on the QueenK right now, but n o clouds in the sky, so winds will kick up...we'll report on winds from Kawaihai and Hawi!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
followmybliss wrote:
I look forward to Michellie's comments and insights. I have learned a lot from listening to her race day commentary. Replacing her with a token model/athlete whose only role is to *look hot* and provide plugs for sponsors is an insult to us female athletes.

perhaps you assuming that her only role is to look hot is an insult to her as a woman.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got the stream working just in time for the AG start! so happy to get to watch at least some of this live today.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad the wind is light. I hope there's a good crosswind and he can get away...it'll make for a better race.

The wind is not light, it is usually glassy this time in the morning. Out here 30 miles on the bike course there is wind already, but not bad yet. And don't forget that either really bad winds, or super fast conditions are good for the bikers. When there is little wind it gets super hot out there and the pace is very fast. Look at when norman won his races, course record day, so this it has to be tough on the bike for the bikers to do well is just a myth..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, it is 76F on the QueenK...still cool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The commentators are in a very hard spot. 9 hours is an awful lot of air time to fill without sounding idiotic at least a good chunk of the time. It doesnt help that this is an inhouse production of WTC who view it as an infomercial for their product. Welchy has been doing this how long now? He's barely passable as an anchor, and the people he's with who know so, so much about Ironman and triathlon seem incapable of communicating that knowledge. Someone earlier said Macca should give this a go and I think he/she's correct, in that if he would just be Macca (speak frankly and critically) WTC won't be too happy.

As for women just being ornaments on the broadcast, that is the status quo for US cable TV every weekend in football season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Potts and marco albert off the front by about a minute. Lead group is wide, but has split from earlier. Looks like about 15 guys, so that is going to be the early bike group guys. Then a couple other smallish groups with minute splits behind them. Should be finishing very soon..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

The wind is not light, it is usually glassy this time in the morning. Out here 30 miles on the bike course there is wind already, but not bad yet. And don't forget that either really bad winds, or super fast conditions are good for the bikers. When there is little wind it gets super hot out there and the pace is very fast. Look at when norman won his races, course record day, so this it has to be tough on the bike for the bikers to do well is just a myth..

I was assuming that a crosswind would help negate the drafting (even at 10m) effect. Calm i.e. fast conditions would help those with a low cda.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea on a monetary value TYR throws at Potts for being first out of the water at this race? $5k? $10k?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta love Macca wearing the Challenge logo and Challenge Family on his race top....It is going to make for a great winners picture..Going to be great during the run!!

---
Quote Reply
Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [mitchrapp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mitchrapp wrote:
Any idea on a monetary value TYR throws at Potts for being first out of the water at this race? $5k? $10k?

no idea but the man is a beast in the water.

Quote Reply
Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holy shit look at that pack!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
potts out in 50;30 on the steps, and dropped marco by about 15 seconds..Super slow swim today, 1st time in ages that someone has not broke 50.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [mitchrapp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Id bet it is more in the 20-25k range. Just given some of the payouts for other things they do...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No wind yet at scenic lookout!
Quote Reply
Re: The 2012 Ironman World Championships [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone see Rappster comeout yet?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like an ITU race coming out of T1.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That chasing pack in the swim looked huge, like 15+ men. Are they normally that large?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, did I see your photo on the ST gathering article? You're famous :-))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice Fernanda Keller reference there, Matt....
Quote Reply

Prev Next