Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The 2011 Abu Dhabi Triathlon thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
latest twitter update;
Macca, brown, bract, Marino plus a couple in, I think, second pack. Macca smiling!

Forgot to say this is 2nd pack, he is moving to the front now/
Last edited by: monty: Mar 11, 11 20:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moving foreward;

Crowie in the middle, Bayliss looking strong, van lierde, #28 at front of that group - not sure if anyone ahead. Bjorn maybe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bjorn is on his own at the front. Pretty sure the macca-llanos group will merge with main pack

Wow, he made up a lot of time very quickly, as he was 2nd pack in the swim. I just hope he is pacing for his fitness, and not hoping to blow up the other riders. Without the wind it would be fruitless to try that tatic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bjorn on f1 circuit now alone //

That will make a great pic with his new bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over 3minlead already .. Well buddy, you have laid out your race plan, hope it works!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3.45 to crowie group incl Bayliss, van lierde, Jensen, nickel and more
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cant remember what video, but there was a video showing some of the pro's in the f1 track, and boy were they destroying it. Will def. be a great photo!

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How far into the race is the F1 circuit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where are you getting this from?

jjk
http://enduranceanimal.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The 2011 Abu Dhabi Triathlon thread [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the macca group is further back than I thought

Not sure how far the F1 track is, but they are about 2 hours into the race, 42 min swim, so my guess is about 35 miles??
Last edited by: monty: Mar 11, 11 20:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
speaking of pics, all these people twittering need to start taking some pics...

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Last edited by: nebmot: Mar 11, 11 20:31
Quote Reply
Re: The 2011 Abu Dhabi Triathlon thread [jjk/md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The twitter guy, and i see they have bjorn up on the leader board on the bike now, so should have exact splits soon of the followers..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elite Male - Bike Yas Out Lap 11B. Andersson (SWE)1:46:462B. Rhodes (NZL)+3:113M. Jensen (DNK)+3:154S. Bayliss (GBR)+3:165L. McKenzie (AUS)+3:186F. Van Lierde (BEL)+3:197A. Starykowicz (USA)+3:208C. Alexander (AUS)+3:229D. Bockel (LUX)+3:2210E. van der Meer (NLD)+3:2511L. Bell (AUS)+3:2612P. Matthews (AUS)+3:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
REWARD! Okay, listen up everyone, Slowman has just confirmed my proposal.

I'm offering a brand spankin' new pair of fi'zi:k R3 road cycling shoes to the first person that can predict the top three men and top three woman. You need to have your final predictions in by the time the first man and first woman have reached the 4:15 marker of the bike. In other words, once the men's and women's leaders have reached 4:15 of the bike leg, all bets are in and counted. If you place your bet after that point, it is nullified.

If two or more predict the same, prize goes to the first who posted. Runner-up prizes will be awarded to those that predict the same but are late (something along the lines of a saddle/tape prize package). If no one wins, prize goes to those that are closest in terms of chosen athletes and placement.

Dan and Herbert will help me determine the winner if I get confused as I have been so easily confused today (didn't know what year it was earlier). [And I hope to be in bed by the time the race finishes.]

Want to play? Contact your friends, bring them to ST and tell them there are fi'zi:k cycling shoes are up for grabs. Note: there are only 6 current USA dealers that have these shoes in stock, so this is fairly exclusive. Ready, set, go! And note, that there may be a slight time delay ie. two weeks, to receive your prize. Go!

Suzette Ayotte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy crap... I hope Bjorn is demonstrating his off-season fitness... 5 minutes on the front pack swimmers already!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cool

http://twitter.com/tri247

this twitter guy? seems to be the most up to date so far

jjk
http://enduranceanimal.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12P. Matthews (AUS)+3:2713F. Al-Sultan (DEU)+3:3214S. Sudrie (FRA)+3:3315P. Ambrose (AUS)+5:3916R. Tissink (ZAF)+5:4317S. Sundberg (DEU)+5:4518T. Bracht (DEU)+5:5219M. Vanhoenacker (BEL)+5:5420C. McCormack (AUS)+5:5521J. Gambles (AUS)+6:0022J. Rix (AUS)+6:0223B. Hoffman (USA)+6:0324M. White (AUS)+6:0425T. Berkel (AUS)+6:0626C. Brown (NZL)+6:0727E. Llanos (ESP)+6:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if there is some time gap missing, but it shows Julie at the same point in the race as the lead pack of men, only bjorn would be ahead of her, and just by 3 minutes. I find it hard to believe, but that is what the times indicate thus far..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tweet just posted that Rapp is in the group with macca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
more bike;

22J. Rix (AUS)+6:0223B. Hoffman (USA)+6:0324M. White (AUS)+6:0425T. Berkel (AUS)+6:0626C. Brown (NZL)+6:0727E. Llanos (ESP)+6:1028P. Gomes (PRT)+8:4629J. Rapp (USA)+9:31
Quote Reply
Re: The 2011 Abu Dhabi Triathlon thread [bobttcoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer, just updated that he's 9:30 back....not in the macca group
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Women are bike in, and men bike out times
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eleven Australian's in the top 30 or so.Not a bad showing.

Quote Reply
Re: The 2011 Abu Dhabi Triathlon thread [Suzette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Male:

Crowie
Bockel
Sudrie (edit: was Bayliss...at the time he was in the first group but he's dropped way back since...mechanical?)

Female:

Dibens
Steffen
Cave

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Last edited by: show pony: Mar 11, 11 23:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They just corrected Julies time, and she is 11m down on bjorn, and 7+ on the lead mans pack, that makes more sense. Thought the world was turning upside down for a minute there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next