Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thank you Garmin!
Quote | Reply
I have a bunch of Garmin devices I use for different purposes- Forerunner for training, Montana for hiking, ect. I have a vivosport I use for everyday wear and occasional runs/rides. It is going on three years old. The wrist band broke last week Went online to look into having it repaired, typed in serial number, and....they offered a free repair or replacement! Even gave me a shipping label. Just got the email yesterday that my new device is on the way.

Garmin is awesome! thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you Garmin! [TricentralPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know, I also have a Vivosport, and I have not had any problems but I have read reviews about the band braking so I am glad to know that thy will take care of it if it happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad they replaced it for you.

My story is different; Garmin Fenix 5X+, strap mount broke (part of watch body). 4 months past warranty. Garmin quoted ~250$ to fix.

It get that it is past the warranty date by a few months but it is a little disappointing for a watch that cost that much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a similar experience with my 1030. I bought a used 1030 over a year ago. In December, I broke the mount when I was carelessly taking it off my bike. I called Garmin hoping there was some repair or case replacement. Nope. They sent me a new one for free, and I told the guy a few times that I was the one who broke it-- it was user error. His only filter was that it was not broken in a crash. I was crazy happy with Garmin for that.

(I still would never buy Vector pedals, no matter how well they support them.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Several years ago, I had a Forerunner 205 that I'd been using for a few years. My dog grabbed it off the table, ran around the house before I could catch her, and she chewed the strap into two pieces. I couldn't find a replacement strap online, so I rang them up to see if they had any. The person I talked to at Garmin support said something to the effect, "Man, that's an old device. We don't make or stock parts for them anymore. But I've got an old strap here in my parts bin. I'll send it to you free of charge." I kept using it for a couple of more years until I finally got around to upgrading. They've always been helpful when I've had questions on my newer devices.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have a great Garmin customer service story, I had a vioactive HR for 3 years that quit working. I went to Garmin's customer care site typed in my serial number and bam free replacement. Just before Christmas I found the vector 3 duals on Jenson USA web site for 350 bucks I jumped on them even though I new about the previous issues with them and they have worked flawlessly after I registered them Garmin sent me the 3rd gen battery doors and an off the front mount without me even contacting them. I love having all my units seamlessly linked through the connect app I own the 520 plus, vioactive HR, 735xt, and the dual vectors along with speed and cadence sensors, and a fish finder/ navigation chart plotter and their durability and customer service keep me very happy.
I know everyone on here hates vectors but I would buy another pair if I needed them the metrics blow away the other pedal based power meters only draw back is they eat batteries.
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you Garmin! [swimbikerun66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experiences are similar to most here. Garmin's customer service has been better than great. iam a loyalist and will likely upgrade from the kickr to the neo soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you Garmin! [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
My experiences are similar to most here. Garmin's customer service has been better than great. iam a loyalist and will likely upgrade from the kickr to the neo soon.

Been w/Garmin for years as well & agree that their customer service is great. Still... it's a vicious competative market. I have two old Edges & am wondering if they will credit me for both. We'll see. This may be the time to explore other computers.
Quote Reply