Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Testosterone -- my perspective [TravisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TravisT wrote:
You're an obsessive idiot who has helped create a culture on here where a middle aged mother with potential health issues is castigated for not getting approval from some entity to seek medical attention for her health issue while still participating in a sport she enjoys or where top level amateurs are accused of doping by middle of pack losers who don't want to put in work and instead want to blame something else when they get beaten. Your opinions and input on the subject are worthless and you lost all credibility as someone who has the moral or ethical best interests of anything in mind when you repeatedly lied to me over PM about your identity and accused me of being a liar. Stick with retweeting blurbs about LA.

Oh no he did ' nt. She's 26.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speed Concept 9 (race)
Madone 5 (training)
Trek 1000 (rain/snow/sleet/monsoon)
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone -- my perspective [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
TravisT wrote:
You're an obsessive idiot who has helped create a culture on here where a middle aged mothers with potential health issues is castigated for not getting approval from some entity to seek medical attention for her health issue while still participating in a sport they enjoy or where top level amateurs are accused of doping by middle of pack losers who don't want to put in work and instead want to blame something else when they get beaten. Your opinions and input on the subject are worthless and you lost all credibility as someone who has the moral or ethical best interests of anything in mind when you repeatedly lied to me over PM about your identity and accused me of being a liar. Stick with retweeting blurbs about LA.

Wow, someone is cranky today.

First off; these are the rules we all agree to play by in sanctioned sport. That's the beginning and end of it.

Im not castigating anyone, I specifically told her she should do whatever she can to be healthy, but if she's going to race she should do so in accordance with the rules.

Your attitude towards me is both unwarranted and unreasonable vengeful. Show me where I've accused a single amateur (top of pack or otherwise) of doping; at most I've ever said the percentages are higher than people want to believe and folks looking into it have seen for themselves (read the posts above if you don't believe me).

I don't see anyone here ripping someone who beat them in a race as a doper, except those who actually have been caught doping (like Moats) and happen to have people here who raced against them. I think everyone who wants to be better or faster SHOULD work at it, as opposed to taking shortcuts, that's been the whole point of my discussions which I think clearly you've missed the point on.

My identity then as now is irrelevant; I had recently been harassed by a number of Lance devotees and wasn't in the mood to trifle further at that time. I apologize if I mislead you (frankly I believe I simply said who i am is irrelevant), but it still isn't any of your damn business. People seem to care here who someone is, but the facts a discussion is based on is all that's relevant IMO. I don't care who you are if the facts you present are accurate, then I'm willing to discuss things with a person, whether they are front or back of pack.

You're reading comprehension is suspect. I never said you accused anyone of doping although you do continue to constantly rant about how doping is taking over triathlon so in essence you are accusing people. Your rants have created the culture where anyone who is fast is suspected. I see it all over ST, twitter and FB in any conversation related to doping. You are obviously not solely responsible for the attitude of losers who want to find something to blame but you are a large contributor.

The response that "thats the rules, deal with it" is so idiotic that it doesn't even deserve a response in the context of someone like who posted above. It's pointless trying to demonstrate common sense to a religious nutcase which you are when it comes to "doping" so I don't care to try.

Your identity is completely irrelevant. The fact that you would lie multiple times in a private conversation where no one was going to discover who you are and continually call me the liar is relevant because it simply shows the type of character you have. Absolutely no different then LA when it comes to willingness to lie to protect whatever you feel is important in your life.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TravisT wrote:
You are obviously not solely responsible for the attitude of losers who want to find something to blame but you are a large contributor.

To characterize everyone who cares about clean sport this way is absurd and straight out of middle school.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone -- my perspective [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I noted above, both WADA and USADA are involved, but TT could move the ball a lot for the few cases where supplementation might be appropriate. Have you seen that guy on tv? With that tick, and humorless personality? I wonder what prison he worked at in a prior life.....
EDIT: Btw, this is really a judgement call by USADA based on the medical file. THEY must weigh the medical evidence, not WADA.

We need the movie, and soon. But who will play Bogart's role?

Oh, and Kathy's problem is probably not the worst case either. Lots of males have low T problems caused by genetic, health problems and accidents. Why exclude them needlessly? We are talking about 1% of the population. A tiny fraction of the triathlon racers. Yet, someone would be struck by lightning before they'd get a TUE. A foolish consistency, imho.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Last edited by: Robert: Feb 27, 13 12:31
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone -- my perspective [mikegarmin4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard training, of course.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone -- my perspective [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to train more and stop bitching. Maybe try that 30k a week of swimming that you find so difficult to comprehend.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Um...

1) You're still in middle school but if you want to play that game...

2) In October I finished my first season in triathlon with my first 70.3 and it seems like our times are very similar. Last season I was only swimming 6k per week.

me at Austin 70.3: Swim 34:56. Overall 4:49:38. AG place 15th. OA place 110th.

You report you swim 20k to 25k per week and chastise me for being a slow loser that needs to train more and stop complaining about dopers yet:

you at Texas 70.3: Swim 35:39. Overall 4:49:43. AG place 26th. OA place 181.

This year, if we end up at the same race, I would bet on me.

I have no aspirations of being a pro. I have big goals outside of triathlon that take time. I want to train as hard as my schedule allows, perform as well as I can and feel comfortable that the effort I am putting in is toward a sport with integrity and meaning. Where is your integrity?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TravisT wrote:
You need to train more and stop bitching. Maybe try that 30k a week of swimming that you find so difficult to comprehend.

And, now that Travis has started weighing in, just about any meaningful discourse is impossible. /thread.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TravisT wrote:

You're reading comprehension is suspect. I never said you accused anyone of doping although you do continue to constantly rant about how doping is taking over triathlon so in essence you are accusing people. Your rants have created the culture where anyone who is fast is suspected. I see it all over ST, twitter and FB in any conversation related to doping. You are obviously not solely responsible for the attitude of losers who want to find something to blame but you are a large contributor.

The response that "thats the rules, deal with it" is so idiotic that it doesn't even deserve a response in the context of someone like who posted above. It's pointless trying to demonstrate common sense to a religious nutcase which you are when it comes to "doping" so I don't care to try.

Your identity is completely irrelevant. The fact that you would lie multiple times in a private conversation where no one was going to discover who you are and continually call me the liar is relevant because it simply shows the type of character you have. Absolutely no different then LA when it comes to willingness to lie to protect whatever you feel is important in your life.

Wow, you've really taken a flight to never-never land. People like me who care about clean sport aren't the ones who "created a culture" the dopers did that. I don't suspect everyone who is fast. There are plenty of people here I dont suspect, pretty much to a last they are faster than me. There are even many pro cyclists I don't suspect; and there are a few I suspect that I still give benefit of the doubt to. You drastically misinterpret my standing on this.

As for my responses to Cathy, you'll notice I didn't say "those are the rules, deal with it" to her. I said that to you, because youre suggesting someone break the rules. It really is that simple. Yes, it's difficult to get a TUE for T, but not impossible, and not impossible if the issue is financial either. I've spoken with someone who got a TUE for T due to 0 testosterone, and was on a budget that procluded the full battery of tests. As I told her talk to USAT.

I'm not a religious nutcase; I specifically told her to take what she needs for her health but if she intends to race she should do it by the rules. There are sacrifices we all make in life to live and play fairly. If someone can't get a TUE, they still have plenty of racing outlets that don't care about such things.

And again, I think you're drastically misinterpreting our prior conversation.
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone -- my perspective [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robert wrote:
As I noted above, both WADA and USADA are involved, but TT could move the ball a lot for the few cases where supplementation might be appropriate. Have you seen that guy on tv? With that tick, and humorless personality? I wonder what prison he worked at in a prior life.....
EDIT: Btw, this is really a judgement call by USADA based on the medical file. THEY must weigh the medical evidence, not WADA.

We need the movie, and soon. But who will play Bogart's role?

Oh, and Kathy's problem is probably not the worst case either. Lots of males have low T problems caused by genetic, health problems and accidents. Why exclude them needlessly? We are talking about 1% of the population. A tiny fraction of the triathlon racers. Yet, someone would be struck by lightning before they'd get a TUE. A foolish consistency, imho.

-Robert

Do you think TT looks at every medical file? They have a process, there are doctors involved, in setting their guidelines, they review the documentation and make a decision. When you say what if 100 people more got TUEs but they still arent winning? What is winning? Should it only matter if they dont win the overall, what it they come in fourth and bring in a big check? What if they just beat their other age groupers and win their division. Lot's of people come across poorly on TV, and from everything I've heard from people who've worked with Tygart (and that's now up to about a dozen plus, not including journalists) he's a good guy who has a tough job and he's as fair as he can be and tries his best on the groups limited resources. opening up the T policy is a slippery slope, because every day the anti-aging doctors get better and smarter at doctoring case files. Separating the wheat from the chaff can't be an easy job, but that rule is there for a reason. Want to argue about pot? Want to talk about alcohol availability on site for races while some people are still on the course and others are driving after becoming dehydrated and then drinking to excess? Those are rules that might make sense to adjust, but testosterone isn't one of them IMO. There's a reason drugs get classified the way they do.
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone -- my perspective [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're post makes no sense. You're comparing our times at different races? I swam about once a week if at all last season and just started swimming 20-25k a week recently because that's what it takes to make gains. Dick measuring or questioning integrity has nothing to do with the fact that you love to whine about potential dopers who are taking away podium or qualifying spots from you when you obviously don't care to put in the work it takes to earn those spots. Dopers aren't taking anything away from you you can't earn. There are plenty of pros who don't dope and are a shit ton faster then all these supposed amateurs who are stealing kona slots and who got there not because of natural talent but because they worked hard. Triathlon is full of weak minded individuals who just want to blame something when they fail.