Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Terry Davis - USE ACTIVE.COM!!!
Quote | Reply
Terry,

Sorry, but your registration process sucks. Seriously. I just spent 20 minutes filling out a Wildflower application, entered my credit card information and immediately get an error - too many users.

You realize that you only do registration for a few events, right? Why do you think it's necessary to use your own system, which doesn't scale, to handle the load? You could just use Active's infrastructure which is designed to deal with bigger peaks. Oh, and charging your own $6 service fee? I would expect that from Active.com, but why are you changing me an extra $6 to use your system to register for your race?

Since this error is on the credit confirmation screen, I can't refresh or I may be billed again. So now what?

Terry, you run a great race, but please, PLEASE, sign up with someone who specializes in online race registration so we don't have to go through this every year!

Thanks, and see you in May.

JohnA
Quote Reply
Re: Terry Davis - DON'T USE ACTIVE.COM!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to the ticketmaster of sporting events? Have you lost your mind? Damn.
Quote Reply
Re: Terry Davis - DON'T USE ACTIVE.COM!!! [dts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything is better than what they have now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least I would get the tickets...
Quote Reply
Re: Terry Davis - DON'T USE ACTIVE.COM!!! [objectiveous] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't even get to the homepage anymore....CRASH!

gonna be a long day in front of the computer I fear.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the ticketmaster of sporting events?

at least they don't charge you an internet fee AND a "convenience" fee.

and don't tell them!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Terry Davis - DON'T USE ACTIVE.COM!!! [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I can't even get to the homepage anymore....CRASH!
gonna be a long day in front of the computer I fear.[/reply]

Hope you don't have other things to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Terry Davis - USE ACTIVE.COM!!! [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been so furious on the way to work after trying to register for this event. What a total freaking joke. I'll say this about TriCalifornia, they put on good, high-profile events events. Yes they charge high prices, but people are willing to pay so I can't fault them for it.

But they freaking gouge participants on camping at Wildflower. $150 for 4 days, you gotta be kidding. (Yes I realize this is silimar to what they've charged over the years.)

Now for the newsflash. TriCalifornia hosts races. Why the fuck do they think it's their business to build transactional websites? They use motorcycles for their races right? Do they build those or buy them? Do they build the ambulances, kayaks, buoys, grandstands, water bottles, and aid station tables that they use for their races?? Then why the fuck fo they insist on building their own total piece of shit website for registration?? Smart fucking business. I'm sure some jackass will say it's to save racers the active fee. Bullshit, there's nothing about TriCalifornia that has anything to do with saving racers money.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Terry Davis - DON'T USE ACTIVE.COM!!! [objectiveous] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nothng to do other than waste a day of my vacation.

I have 2 computers at home on different lines trying to get in.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Terry Davis - USE ACTIVE.COM!!! [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Now for the newsflash. TriCalifornia hosts races. Why the fuck do they think it's their business to build transactional websites?
[/reply]

I develop software for a living and see this kind of thinking all the time. The usual cause is a romantic vision of all the great and wonderful things that technology can do without any consideration for the cost. It's like dreaming of Kona without figuring out how your going to train 20 hours a week.
Quote Reply
Re: Terry Davis - USE ACTIVE.COM!!! [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know all they really need to do is to split out the races. Have LC sign up one day, Olympic the next and MTB another.

But then they couldn't brag about how they got so much traffic that it crashed their puny little servers.
Quote Reply
Re: Terry Davis - DON'T USE ACTIVE.COM!!! [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that is frickin sad. It amazes me how hard it is to get people to take your DAMN $ in this world. I swear the way some places treat you, they don't want your hard earned cash.

Just make it simple, show me the prices up front and don't make me stand around for more than 30 seconds to give you my cash because there is just no reason for it.

I continue to be amazed and frustrate by the lengths we will, and sometime have to, go through just to race!
Quote Reply
Re: Terry Davis - DON'T USE ACTIVE.COM!!! [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got in and signed up the missus too.

keep plugging away and good luck....now all I have to do is mend this broken arm, fix my bike and get my fat ass in shape.

John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally got registered. Pain in the butt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well their first mistake was using ColdFusion to make their web pages. Yuck. I would imagine this has less to do with the software and more to do with their internet connection(s). It could also simply be hardware related. Their net connection and/or hardware can't keep up with the demand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Active Network (Active.com) and Ticketmaster are strategic partners which probably doesn't surprise you.

"The more you sweat today, the less you bleed tomorrow"
Quote Reply