Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tell me about ProBikeKit and Wiggle [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Updating this thread again...

I ordered a 2015 Orca Alpha wetsuit from Wiggle on the night of Thanksgiving (11/26/2015).. great deal and also used a $60 off coupon :)

I just received the package from DHL this afternoon (11/30/2015). Looks like it shipped from the England.. pretty impressive ! Also, no duty or custom charges.

Just ran into my first issue with using a foreign shipper..

So that ORCA wetsuit I got.. turns out it was just too big so I returned it.. Had to pay $50 to get it returned via USPS... all other carriers were over $100... Then I ordered another ORCA wetsuit one size smaller.. well its on hold at DHL right now and I had to log on and pay a duty of $58. I asked DHL why the first order didnt have a duty and the second one has a 13% duty and they're the exact same item.. she looked at the customs forms and all she could say is that she agrees they are the same item but for whatever reason, customs charged this one at 13% and didn't charge the other one.. She said they could file a dispute with customs but they would hold my shipment for a few weeks until its resolved.. I just ended up paying the duty...

So long story short.. duty is hit or miss, sometimes u get it sometimes u dont... and obviously, make sure the item fits you well if its a size thing.. otherwise, returning it could be expensive!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duty is completely hit or miss. I placed two separate orders from Chain Reaction on consecutive days. They arrived on consecutive days but I was charged duty on one and nothing on the other. Both had the exact same entry on the customs declaration "New bike parts".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So here is my (bad) experience with ProBikeKit:
I needed a bike case for an upcoming flight. Decided to wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday (the flight is at the end of Dec) to see whether I can find a good deal. I had narrowed my selection down and #1 on the list was the Scicon AeroComfort 2.0

I indeed found a few good deals and PBK had the best offer for a bag with some team logo which I did not mind.
So I placed my order, on Friday the 27th, received an order confirmation and my cc was charged.
I was expecting the item to leave within a few days as the item was shown as in stock.
Everything seemed fine.

On Tuesday(!) after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, after all other deals have expired I received an email informing me that the item is not in stock and no longer available! No apology, no explanation. They would cancel my order.

I wrote back and complained and asked whether they could work with me on the identical non-logo bag that they were showing as in stock but now at the regular price. Short apology this time, but the answer was a simple "no".

First and last time I was dealing with PBK. They don't seem to care about customer satisfaction and don't mind to screw you out of a deal.
Quote Reply

Prev Next