Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tektro RX60 Carbon Calipers
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have information about these calipers? 234 grams for the set and $190, perhaps a cheaper alternative to the $$$ Zero G. calipers. I found them on the Bulltek sports website but they said their not avaiable yet.

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Re: Tektro RX60 Carbon Calipers [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tektro makes for many of the "off brand" brake companies. I have used their brakes in the past and have been happy with them. I haven't seen their carbon ones yet.

In reality, and this goes from over 20 years experience, FIT is still key with everyone, not the parts. One of my best riders used to take used parts that everyone said were worn out and he used them on his own bikes. What does that mean? He and I spent more time working on his fit and position then we ever did on his parts. We are both very skilled mechanics and everything was always in perfect working condition but no matter what wheels, ders., bars, etc he used, he concentrated more on how he "sat" on the bike, focused on his pedal technique, and heart rate then he ever did on his parts.

This was also a guy who worked with me. He had access to all the cool product but in the end rode a complete Dura Ace Kit with Hed 3 wheels for racing.

Keep it simple! Focus on you and not your bike with all the parts.

Just some thoughts...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like it has no release (alla Campy). Also...what would you have to gain unless your current brakes are not slowing you down?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want real carbon calipers? Get a pair of AX Lightness calipers. These are merely carbon-over-al. wrap construction, made proudly in Taiwan.

Call me Big Dick
Quote Reply
Re: Tektro RX60 Carbon Calipers [huret5steel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also like these FRM calipers, 185 grams for the set.

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They used to have a really stupid-light pair of brakes a hundred years ago, even lighter than the ones you are showing. I don't know if they still do them or not, but they did not stop worth a crap. The ones in your photo look a lot nicer.

When I do replace my Ciocc, I will probably get a U.S.-sourced steel bike (as the Italians don't make their own bikes any more) with Record, DT-shifters, and Mavic brakes. I liked what I saw with those Mavic brakes.

Call me Big Dick
Quote Reply
Tektro RX60 Carbon Calipers..look like they suck [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are heavy, and bulky. You can get a set of dia-compe which weigh in less than these for about $20 which are probably more aero since they are smaller. Or you could go with the most aero brake which is the modolo kronos. I just got one for my front (Im selling the other in the classified section) which is a tiny center-pull. I think it would be an unwise choice...but let me tell you how I really feel..

Stephen

I believe my local reality has been violated.