Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tech Help PLEASE - Photo from Windows Media Player Video???
Quote | Reply
I have a cd with video of me pedalling during my bike fitting. Does anyone know how I can download a still shot from the video for posting and printing? I am using Windows Media Player to view the cd/video.

Also, anyone know where I can post the short video for commentary/critique?

Thanks in advance.

David K
Last edited by: DavidK: Oct 18, 04 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Tech Help PLEASE - Photo from Real Player Video??? [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mac or PC?

I'll assume PC.

1) Play the video, pause on the clip you want.

2) Hold down "alt" and then push "Prt Sc"

3) Open up MSpaint (start-programs-accessories)

4) Click Edit menu and paste

5) Save file somewhere (desktop works well) as a JPEG (important!) default is a bitmap.

6) Goto http://tinypic.com/

7) Upload image, remember URL

8) Go to URL where pix is located

9) Right click on "copy"

10) Start a ST message....when you're ready to put the pix in, right click and "paste"

Note...image MUST already be hosted somewhere...the pix does not upload to ST forum, just a mirror of the image somewhere else on the web.
Quote Reply
Re: Tech Help PLEASE - Photo from Real Player Video??? [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I am trying it now. David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I failed. I was able to get to step 5. WThen, when I saved my pasted photo, as a jpeg, I ended up with an image of the Windows Media screen with a blank black space where the photo had been.

I also tried to "cut" the photo portion from paint and then paste the cut photo and then save it as a jpeg. It looked fine until I checked my saved jpeg and saw only a blank black square.

Am I messing up or what?

Thank you very much.

David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hum.....looks like another feature Windoze disabled!

Doesn't work on my machine (XP w/MP 9). Let me fumble around for a little bit for a fix.

There is commercially available screen capture software, but I think we can find a fix without it.

In the meantime, here's some screen capture software.

http://www.techsmith.com/...s/snagit/default.asp
Quote Reply
Re: Tech Help PLEASE - Photo from Real Player Video??? [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
use quicktime player and you can paste it without loosing the picture to a black screen. However, the quality of the picture depends on the quality of the video. good luck

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The problem is certain kinds of video aren't managed by the CPU. It's routed to the video card directly which overlays it in the black space provided by your video player (Real Player, you say? (yuk)). When you 'print the screen' you are pulling from video memory the current screen image. The video is an overlay on that image so it isn't included in the printscreen clip.

I'd search Google for any tools that can extract frames from a RealMedia video clip. Good Luck. If you know the person who created it, they should be able to get you the shot - and higher quality, too.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply