Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Team grind nick...FWIW
Quote | Reply
Nick,

for what it's worth..unless you know the person very well, you should not offer free coaching. Period. I do coach a bit (and think I do that quite well).
All the people I coached have qualified for Kona (as AGs).
They are all very good friends that I see pretty much everyday.
When living in Oz, we had a pro triathlete staying with us. she tried a couple of aussie coaches. it didn't work. then, as she lived with us 2 months, she asked me. I coached her for free from early december to end of march and had all the training scheduled sent to her down to july.
She called me coach when she stayed home, spent a lot of time asking questions, 'picking' my brain...and even said 'if I have a good race, I will give you 10% of prize money'...I never asked anything, other than her spreading the word...
She won her first big race in march..At this time I was working with a coach that comes on this forum every now and then (who could confirm all this)...we put it on his website and the next day got a very agressive email from the boyfriend, saying I just gave her training tips and nothing else (except for 7 months of free coaching, really really cheap lodging, food etc....)
She did the same then and also said these were just training tips...I won't give a name, but it would rather easy to figure out who I am talking about

so, unless you know people really well, don't expect anything...just my 2c.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by nicklehecka [ In reply to ]
Re: Team grind nick...FWIW [nicklehecka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep I saw that...just wanted to make sure you wouldn't miss...it's sad to see this attitude, but it does happen.

good luck though.
Quote Reply
Re: Team grind nick...FWIW [nicklehecka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude ..........You Rock......If only I had that oppertunity(beleive me it would be a waste of time) but if I had the talent.!.!.! Great offer you are giving, but be careful,shrewd as a snake and innocent as doves
Quote Reply