Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tampa Tri scene
Quote | Reply
Hey folks...the Air Force has seen fit to move me to Tampa, Fl in about 6 months. Anyone here familiar with the tri scene there? Any good tri clubs I can check out? Appreciate any info.....

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Tampa Tri scene [GRENDELL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the St. Pete's Mad doggs are in...you guessed it, St. Pete's, which isnt far from tampa. they are one of the largest clubs in the country. i forget their website, just do a google search for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris,

Also check out www.triflorida.com. Many tampa/st. pete triathletes race the clermont tris as they are within an hour away. You'll find tris of all distances drawing huge crowds - like 1800 for sprints!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely check out the St. Pete Mad Dogs they have members all over and always having training and events going on. If you're at MacDill Base, St. Pete is just across the bridge and there's training groups all the time going on. Their website is www.stpetemaddogs.com

Also, there is a Bicycle Sports opening up in downtown St. Petersburg, which will be great. In fact I got a flyer and their grand opening is 1/19 and John Cobb is going to be there for it.

Great area for triathletes!

Like was already mentioned you'll be near Clermont, Fl too, where there are a lot of tri's and they have some actual hills to train on there (in Florida!)
Quote Reply