Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TV/Monitor for Treadmill
Quote | Reply
I have a wall mounted monitor/tv that died yesterday. It was a 24" Samsung. I would like to get a 27" if possible or maybe up it to a 32" (I don't want a monster sized tv).

Any suggestions for a great monitor or tv on the relatively cheap side? Budget under 300. I'll probably need a mount too.

*Must have a headphone jack as I have great speakers to use when I run ( I use a fan and treadmill itself isn't too quiet.

- It doesn't need to be a smart TV, as I have a Roku box and DVD player attached to a shelf as well.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: TV/Monitor for Treadmill [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure you can find a dumb TV anymore. I'd start with TCL and Vizio for the lower end at your local big box or Best Buy.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: TV/Monitor for Treadmill [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably what I'll be doing. Hit up Costco today and they only had 1 32" available. Everything else was 40 or bigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unpopular answer on here but...

Facebook Marketplace or Kijiji. I have 3 TV's that I've bought in the last while and all have been great, while none cost more than $50. Smallest is 47". 1 has a dead pixel that I don't notice, another has a small crack in a corner of the screen that I also don't notice. For the treadmill/trainer they would be perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazon 32" TCL. Perfect size for the treadmill, ROku built in. Comes in 2 days.
Quote Reply
Re: TV/Monitor for Treadmill [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
Unpopular answer on here but...

Facebook Marketplace or Kijiji. I have 3 TV's that I've bought in the last while and all have been great, while none cost more than $50. Smallest is 47". 1 has a dead pixel that I don't notice, another has a small crack in a corner of the screen that I also don't notice. For the treadmill/trainer they would be perfect.

I'm not against that. I've checked Craigslist, but nothing small enough for me.
Quote Reply
Re: TV/Monitor for Treadmill [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:

It's on my list. Probably will be my go to. I've been to Target, Walmart and Costco today. All out or too much.

Hitting up bestbuy tomorrow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had good results on Facebook marketplace, personally. On Kijiji I've found people have a value attached to an item. On FB they just want it gone.
Quote Reply
Re: TV/Monitor for Treadmill [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:

This - I believe if you get the upgraded (Bluetooth) remote you can plug headphones into it. Alternatively, if you install the Roku app on your phone you can use it to pipe the audio over headphones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
lightheir wrote:

It's on my list. Probably will be my go to. I've been to Target, Walmart and Costco today. All out or too much.

Hitting up bestbuy tomorrow

I grabbed the 2019 model in 720 for $129. Kinda crazy to think TV's are this cheap. I'm sure it won't last too long, but for 129 it isn't a big deal ( as long as I get at least a year out of it). Thanks. No I just hope it isn't too big for the treadmill.

I'll be spending Monday or Tuesday playing with it. I also need to replace the treadmill deck and belt. Hoping for a curse free day!

If I can figure out how to post pictures here (without tiny pic) I'll load some up.
Quote Reply