Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TT brake levers?
Quote | Reply
Just bought a Cinelli Angel aero bar and want to stick some quality brake levers on them. Suggestions for make or model?
Quote Reply
Re: TT brake levers? [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dia-comps work just as good as anything else but if you want to up market a bit have a look at the new Vision Tech, assuming they fit the Cinelli bar.
Quote Reply
Re: TT brake levers? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the VTs work on their own bars and with an adapter..everyone elses..too bad I like the look of them. Anyone know if the spring returns on newer models are worth it or is the return on my DA calipers more than enough?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Splurge and spend the extra $20-30 bucks for some better levers than the Dia Compe's. They're put together with a cheesy rivet that can let them rattle and buzz at certain speeds, and there's no return spring. I'm very happy with the Profile QS2's.
Quote Reply
Re: TT brake levers? [saroehrborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm..hard to tell looking at the pics I've seen but these levers appear to have a completely internal cable routing capability...is this so? If so I found my new levers. I hate messy cables
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Syntace Space Control levers are internally routed and have great feel. They don't have a return spring, but I never had a problem, even with my Cane Creek single pivot brakes.

I have since replaced my Syntace front end with FSA/VisionTech bars and levers, and the VT levers are very nice also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, a few reviews of the bars can be found here.

Talks about difficulty of getting levers into the bar ends.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/...D_28684_2498crx.aspx

C.

The Ride of Truth - OWN your ride.
Quote Reply
Re: TT brake levers? [Spinmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link spin...I'll be sure to file the shifters rather than reaming the bars. Anyone know if, when routing brake cables, there is an opening from the hand hold into the main wing? So one could potentially have the brake cables exit at the bottom of the wing near the stem someplace..keeping it as concealed as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Dia-comps. They work ok. I always thought the TT stood for "trailer trash"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Profile Q2s...The return spring is a nice feature.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the Profile's have internal cable routing.
Quote Reply