Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TOSRV: Who is in?
Quote | Reply
I signed up yesterday and am doing the full 100 miles both days with camping at the stadium. I know a few slowtwitchers are doing the half and I am trying to get trigoneroadie to do it. Anyone else in? maybe we could get a group together saturday morning leaving columbus..
Quote Reply
Re: TOSRV: Who is in? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know there is now way I can do the 200 miles. I am racing the flying Pig on the 1st, and it depends how I am recovering from that. I was thinking about the 1/2. I also could just bandit for a while as the route isn't to far from my house.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: TOSRV: Who is in? [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year I did it after racing the pig:-) My legs were stiff the first 20 miles but after that, I felt great. Good luck at the pig, I am running a relay with my staff and will be at the massage tent volunteering and also at the expo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Link please.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep your eye open for me at the pig, I'll be the skinny dude in the peaceful tribe hat.

Quote Reply
Re: TOSRV: Who is in? [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm riding with my Dad for the 2nd year in a row. Thankfully it's not this weekend:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in, but for the first 100. Quite frankly I get kind of board with the ride (too flat) and can't for the life of me remember to get better accomodations in advance. Since Columbus is my hometown we have a group of I think 10 so far. It is fun however to be a part of such a large ride!
Quote Reply
Re: TOSRV: Who is in? [Keep it Fun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey camping was kind of fun last year.. now if it rains, i am not so sure it will still be fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't mention rain....I am still hopeful it will not be one of those kind of TOSERV rides! You are correct...if you are in the mood to camp out it is a lot of fun. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well I'm doing 50 of it from Chilli to P-town (and then going to church the next day with my mom for mother's day, I'm from P-town). but I'm hoping to see yall at Tracy Park.

I ride a Celeste colored Bianchi high end road bike and have a blue giro helmet. if anybody sees me (and by chance passes by me on the way) say hi.

maybe if I put "meow." on the back of my jersey I would be more recognizable...lol.

kc
Last edited by: kittycat: Apr 21, 05 14:19
Quote Reply
Re: TOSRV: Who is in? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Marisol/Kitty, I'll look for you. I'll be running the full Pig Marathon as well, then doing the 100 miles down.

Marisol - are you doing the Little Smokies Half at the end of May?

Kitty - missed you on Friday ;)

Re: TOSRV: Who is in? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey doc, I'll be in on the 6th to see you. i had to reschedule because of stupid phone conferences that I had to attend to...so I'll see you soon!

my bike is a celeste bianchi--and I have silver rudy project glasses...I think it's hard to recognize me with all the stuff on. so that's why I'm giving you descriptions even though I'll see you the Friday before.

:)

kc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah - hard to pick out people from their "day jobs" and then in colorful spandex. I'll also be on a ubiquitous Litespeed (Vortex road bike) unless I'm feeling daring to ride my tri bike (electric blue Guru) in those kinds of crowds.

Quote | Reply
My Dad and I will both be on our tri bikes, keep us company. We need to represent for the tri group. Last year I was pulling quite the train of people on the way home into the wind. I was sitting on IM pace and nobody seemed anxious to pull through. We will be 2 of the tallest guys out there on an orange cannondale multisport and a black/red specialized M4. Probably sporting some HFP Racing gear.
Quote Reply
Re: TOSRV: Who is in? [mcombs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must be Matt? Always do well at the HFP events I see. Well, maybe I'll consider bringing the Guru then as I'm getting tired of the road bike thing from this winter/spring and I need some "quality" long term time on her anyway before the Little Smokies 1/2 in about a month - you in?

Quote | Reply
oh god, you're doing the little smokies? i know that's a hard race...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey, I am not doing little smokies. I am far from recovered from IMAZ. But I will run the third leg at the pig and will be at TOSRV if it's not raining. Here is a picture of me on my bike: if that helps any:-)

http://www.asiorders.com/...=photos&BIB=2152
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's a great pic! you're so little!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THAT was 2 weeks ago.. funny what happens when you start eating whatever you want and not training :-) Doesn't this weather sucks? hard to get myself to go train inside...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh, this weather blows. 80 one week, snow the next. Baby girl (my bike) is about to climb the walls in anxiousness.

here's what she looks like.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I just signed up to the forum today and am having a blast reading all the posts. I will be doing the TOSRV west century which is the 116 mile 1 day ride. Hope to see some of you there.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This weather is bullshit, is it supposed to be any better by Sunday?

Quote Reply
Re: TOSRV: Who is in? [Trekrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well welcome on board! You will see, slowtwitch is addictive and you will spend too much time here! but it's fun.. they have 116 miles loop? i think I am ok with 100 each day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for welcoming me. I just realized that there are 2 TOSRV rides. I am going to be in a different one that you are. Mine is called Tour of the Swan River Valley and is located in Missoula Montana. So to answer your question about the 116 ride, You just might not have one.
Quote Reply

Prev Next