Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TECH - New Carbon-Ti TT/Aero Carbon Brake Discs
Quote | Reply
Just seen on Instagram, looks like Team UAE are running a new aero style carbon brake discs from Carbon-Ti

TASTY... Glad I held off ordering their X-Rotor SteelCarbon 3's

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Re: TECH - New Carbon-Ti TT/Aero Carbon Brake Discs [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks nice. However, the center carbon carrier sheds heat no where as well as an aluminum carrier. Aluminum is a much better heat sink. This rotor would be great for non-technical TTs that don't require a lot of braking.
Quote Reply
Re: TECH - New Carbon-Ti TT/Aero Carbon Brake Discs [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point on the heat displacement.

I see they have raised the prices of their current rotors from 185€ to 220€ (hence why I held off) so I get a feeling these will be super pricey on top of that considering the amount of carbon.

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Re: TECH - New Carbon-Ti TT/Aero Carbon Brake Discs [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That amount of carbon costs less than $5 if you bought it yourself. For a company to buy it at bulk its probably 10 cents or less. But I'm sure they'll charge you much more for it.
Quote Reply
Re: TECH - New Carbon-Ti TT/Aero Carbon Brake Discs [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
That amount of carbon costs less than $5 if you bought it yourself. For a company to buy it at bulk its probably 10 cents or less. But I'm sure they'll charge you much more for it.

Oh I agree, manufacturing costs differences will be slight I'm sure - but the perceived value / premium of the more aero / carbon disc rotors will probably push these nearer to 300e I bet.

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The material cost is probably the same, they are just cutting away and throwing out less of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something about the copious vent holes on the braking surface surrounding the 'aero' interior just doesn't look right. Who knows if it's actually faster, just looks very weird.
Quote Reply
Re: TECH - New Carbon-Ti TT/Aero Carbon Brake Discs [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
Something about the copious vent holes on the braking surface surrounding the 'aero' interior just doesn't look right.

The metal rotor part appears to be exactly the same part as their current SteelCarbon3 rotors - https://www.carbon-ti.com/...on-3-160-center-lock

So they've just filled in the gaps as much as possible with carbon

My mockup:

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply