Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TDF (dumb) questions
Quote | Reply
Sorry, but I'm new to the tour.

Q1 Why aren't the bikers using more areo wheels during non-time-trial stages? I see no HED3's etc.

Q2 Why aren't TT or Tri bikes used by the riders? I know that when in a peloton it is forbidden, but the guys in breakaways would obvoiusly do well with the aero benefits of the TT or Tri bike.

Q3 How fast are the riders going up those steap climbs? Lance vs. the others.

Q4 How come Bob Roll is such a goof-ball?
Quote Reply
Re: TDF (dumb) questions [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Q1 Why aren't the bikers using more areo wheels during non-time-trial stages? I see no HED3's etc.

Q2 Why aren't TT or Tri bikes used by the riders? I know that when in a peloton it is forbidden, but the guys in breakaways would obvoiusly do well with the aero benefits of the TT or Tri bike.

Q4 How come Bob Roll is such a goof-

A1 -During massed start road stages, they are required to use spoked wheels. Plus, spoked wheels are easier to control in a crosswind, very important when your are riding at 30 mph a couple of inches from 200 of your closest friends.

A2 - TT / Tri bikes are only any good with an aerobar. Aerobars are not allowed in the massed start road stages, only in TT's. Some teams do have bikes with aero tubing (eg CSC).

A3 - Lance isn't going that much faster than the other contenders up the clims, but the climbs take long enough that significant time gaps will open with only .5 kmh difference. As for speed, the record average speed up Alpe d"huez is somewhere around 22 kmh. The guys in the grupetto might do 15 kmh or so, since they are only interested in making the time cut. Of course, different mountains are faster or slower than this.

A4 - Bobke has always been that way. Maybe he was dropped on his head as a child.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Because we allow him to be. You have no choice but to love and accept Bob Roll. You have no choice. To point out he sucks will get you hung from the nearest LBS. He must be worshipped and you must call him Bobkkii or Bobkee or Boakui or what the hell ever.

He is the Jack Nichalson of cycling.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Some teams are using fairly deep dish carbon spoked wheels on the flatter stages....