Im in the market for a wetsuit but debating between a

T1 or Full Suit. Im not sure if Im sold on the ease of removing the

top on the T1. Ive read all the reviews but still dont know. Any suggestions

would help

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: T1 or Full Suit [k05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swam in my new T1 for the first time last week. Prior to that, I have owned a QR hydrofull, Aquaman Pulsar, QR hydrojohn, and an Aleeda wetsuit from back in the day. The T1 is also a 'fullsuit' in that it has long arms and legs, but it is two piece, so I am assuming that the difference you speak about is 1 piece vs. 2 piece.

The T1 was the first wetsuit that I have put on, got in the water, and swam 2k without stopping to adjust anything. No zipper to worry about, the crotch does not pull down on your shoulders, nor is there a neck tab or zipper to rub. Getting it off was a little tricky, but I am guessing that the run from the water to the bike will be more than enough time to get the silly thing off. Is it fast? Probably so. I am still getting my swimming back, but it felt at least as fast as the Pulsar that I had.

I'd recommend the T1 without question. Sizing through a dealer or direct from DeSoto is easy. I gave them a few key measurements, my suit arrived from DeSoto a few days later, and it fit like a glove.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, I swam in my DeSoto wetsuit for the frist time on Saturday (I have a T1 BibJohn & Dos top).

I found the removal really is easier than I thought. I had previously put it on dry and had a heck of a time getting the top off, but when wet the top really does pull off like a sweatshirt- just one quick yank. Absolutely no problems getting it off quickly and that is with the cheaper Dos top, I'm sure the T1 is even easier.

Comfort while swimming was great too, I felt I had full range of motion and I swam a total of 3500yrds with no chaffing or discomfort anywhere. Very bouyant too, your hips and legs float like a cork.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the DeSoto suits and you might even find that spending the extra money for the T1 doesn't make that much difference over the Dos or Tres.

Good Luck
Quote Reply
Re: T1 or Full Suit [Barry K.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can cast my vote for the T1 also. I had issues with getting the top off in practice since I have very poor shoulder flexibility. But on race day that first time, it came right off without a hitch. For me the key was digging an elbow into the chest of the suit and popping it right over my head. I believe I can get it off faster than any one pice suit that I have owned and I am without a doubt more comfortable and faster in the 2 piece suit.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: T1 or Full Suit [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto to Mike's post:

I had trouble the first time I tried removing the top in the pool. Sunday before my race i swam a couple hundred and then practiced digging the elbow in. I am not a very flexible guy and did not have any problems. This suit is great. I was wearing a QR full and this suits swims laps around it. No zipper problems, no zipper string wrapping around your neck, etc. Aside from the top being very flexible the bottoms are awesome. They provide much more bouyancy than any of the other suits. I would highly recommend this suit. And spring for the T1...you'll be thanking yourself going into T1 in the first pack.

Daniel

"Our bodies are our gardens - our wills are our gardeners." - Shakespeare
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks

I just placed my order for a T1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check this out:

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/reviews/T1.shtml

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just took delivery of the Tres a few weeks ago. I went with the Tres because I just could not pull the trigger on the T1 for the extra money, but I'm sure it's better. This suit is the most buoyant I have ever tried. And there is no restriction when you are reaching to "stay long". I would highly recommend it.

Another important option for me. Since I now have the full suit (bibjohn and pullover), I can have a sleeveless with just another $100 or so - two complete suit configurations with three pieces. I have not heard this mentioned much with all the DeSoto praises of late. But, I am in the mid-Atlantic region and we swim/train/race in a wide range of water temperatures. I certainly will not race in the vest unless the water is quite warm, but it's nice to have the option for open water training in the warmer water temps.

A note of caution, during my first outing, my breathing felt quite restricted. I stopped after about 1000 yards and was somewhat disappointed. But knowing that so many were so pleased with their fit, I knew something must have been wrong. I had pulled the pullover down too far when I put it on. Take your time and make sure that the pullover is evenly and smoothly distributed from neck to waist. I have not had the problem since, but I thought is was worth noting.

Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Re: T1 or Full Suit [Chubby Hubby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all of the input - think I will go with a Dos top (as they have my size) and a Tres or T1 bottom.
Quote Reply