Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

T1, Tres, Dos?
Quote | Reply
I have asked this before, but I still do not have a clear idea of the difference between these wetsuits. What was the reasoning behind dumping the dos? I appreciate, in advance, the notion to buy the best (T1) and I will have no regret -but why? I also appreciate that you bought the T1 and like it - but that doesn't really clarify anything. Has anyone done a side by side comparison of all three?

Here are the issues as I see them:

Fit (the pattern used)
Rubber (bouyancy) - not sure why this would matter for the top...
Rubber (slickness - easy to take off)

The only real difference besides the name and color seems to be the rubber. If I understand the demographic, and the marketing, I would have to 'guess' that they are vurtually the same with a percieved (fashion?) upgrade to the T1.

Cervelo has such a clear features/benefits scale... why don't others?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: T1, Tres, Dos? [MS.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm far from an expert, but I own a T1 bottom and a Dos top. (I haven't seen the Tres in person, so I can't comment on that).

The only difference that I can see is that the T1 rubber is a little softer and "stretchier"; thus it may feel a little less restrictive and would be slightly easier to take off. Other than that, I think they are basically the same suit with essentially the same cut and fit.

Emilio DeSoto told me that the Dos top has the more expensive T1 rubber on the sides, so it stretches better for removal. It is simply cheaper because they use cheaper rubber on the front back and sleeves.

Since I haven't swam in the Dos vs. T1 full suit that's the best I can do, but I can tell you that when I wear my "mis-matched" set, you can't tell by looking that they aren't made to be together.
Quote Reply