Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Syntace Streamliner Vs. C2 Design Question
Quote | Reply
On the C2, what's the point in each of the extensions curving inward? On the streamliner, both extensions simply go out straight, no curving.

Do riders actually hold the outer edges on the C2. Is it easier to steer or are the bars more stable, because of curvy extensions? Is there an aerodynamic advantage to the curvy extensions on the C2?

I don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Streamliner Vs. C2 Design Question [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The C2 was actually designed for Austin Powers.
The curved section is where Mini Me would sit and do the shifting.

Still one of the best set ups IMO..and one of the lightest.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Streamliner Vs. C2 Design Question [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come to think of it the little bastard would be able to fit. Now you have ruined every ride I will ever have! :)

I have no ideal what the real answer is to this. This may be why they sell so well and seemingly every one that uses them does not want to switch. I would guess it is simply the ability to change positions.
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Streamliner Vs. C2 Design Question [Keep it Fun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's a 100 grams, people, but several donuts and three days of gluttony at Outback?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a good question that deserves a serious answer.

The extensions on the Streamliner go straight out from the handlebars which requires the upturned part to twist to the outside of the bike. This requires a hand position that is a little bit of a palms up position as you ride. If you like riding with the wrists twisted that way, you are all set to go.

The C2 extensions first curve out to provide room to curve back in so that the upturned part is held by a somewhat palms down position. I much prefer that position, so I love my C2s but I hated the Streamliners.
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Streamliner Vs. C2 Design Question [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've noticed that it's the position of my elbows the dictate comfortable hand position. Elbows out-palms down and elbows in, in my case outside of the elbow lining up with the outside of the knee, palms up. I guess it's just how you've adjusted your fit.
Jay

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. I believe the shaping of the bar makes it stiffer so it can be made lighter. I could be wrong though.

The bend on the C2 also allows you to effectively use an aero bottle and bicycle computer at the same time.

It looks cool, but for the aero/stealth look I use the streamliners.
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Streamliner Vs. C2 Design Question [ridesign] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So this is my chance to bitch abut the Streamliner. I get the palms/elbows--up/in thing, but how hard would it be to make them rotatable, and for me, the distance from the pads to the grips is too short, how hard would it be--you get the picture. Rotate left/right, in out.
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Streamliner Vs. C2 Design Question [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's something I've pondered also but found it was easier to spend money then think.
Jay

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
funny this post comes up now. i was thinking about posting the same question last week. i figure the bend is to hold a big gulp.

i just traded a friend my c2's for his streamliners (won't get into why). i was also concerned about the "palms-up" position of the streamliner bars. however, after cutting down the extensions to the correct length, it's a non-issue. i left just enough up-turn to plug the shifters into the ends. my hands are nice and neutral positioned when i'm riding.

- The Who
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Streamliner Vs. C2 Design Question [ridesign] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with ridesign. I like to keep my elbows fairly narrow. I love my Streamliners but hated my C2's.

Sadly, I think Syntace is going the way of the dodo. They haven't changed in years but the wholesale prices still keep creeping up. I think you will see the shift to Visiontech/Profile continue unless Syntace can shift production to Taiwan and drop their prices. But I still love my Streamliners.
Quote Reply