Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Syntace Stratos CX
Quote | Reply
Anyone using the Stratos CX base bar?? Was wondering what you think and how it compares to the Zipp Vuka base bar. I am doing a new build and was going to use the CX base bar and the PD t2+ carbon bars!!
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Stratos CX [Trey169] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not using them personally but have used them on customers' bicycles. Very light and very cool. They are an excellent choice for a base bar!!

Geoffrey Nenninger
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Stratos CX [GDNenn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! What kind bar did you use for the extensions. I know this base bar has a tight space.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Stratos does have a narrow clamp area, but I think you would be fine with the T2 bar. I can verify tomorrow unless someone else can confirm.

Geoffrey Nenninger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GDenn in right. The Stratos CX has a very Narrow Clamp. I have the Syntace Stratos CX base bar and im using the PD Sonic CSX. If youre not comfortable bieng super narrow up font then id suggest using the T2+ as you would get more lateral adjustemt..
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Stratos CX [xm23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats exactly what I thought, so the t2+ and the zipp vulka being adjustable is the way to go!!
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Stratos CX [GDNenn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What sort of brake lever does the Stratos use? Can you use the kind where the brake cable exits under the handle and then routes internally or does it need a centre pull style?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Stratos CX [TheDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would hed lite clip ons fit with these bars
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I PD is 31.8 vs 26.0 for syntace.

Run like you stole something
Formerly Fueled by ZYM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That bar is on my short list for a new build I'm starting.
If you get them, let me know what you think.

I have very wide shoulders and may be limited in what aero bars to pair with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Stratos CX [SLC_vt98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I PD is 31.8 vs 26.0 for syntace.
Syntace is 31.8 on the CX base and C3 bar
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Stratos CX [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had them but returned them. For me they were only useful it I used syntace clip ons. After installing the stem the clamp area is minimal like other posters have mentioned. This made any other clip on super narrow for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am using the Syntace CX base and Syntace C3 Aero clip on just this year. Absolutely LOVE the combo!! Super comfortable and also very light. I don't recall the figures right now, but the Zipp Vuka was much heavier (don't hold me to this but I think the CX combo was in the 650 gram range, while the Vuka was something like 1100 grams). You can find out by looking at their respective websites. Lighter weight and also less expensive.

If you look at the Syntace website, they have a rear view of this combo that is helpful to look at in terms of how things lay out in terms of mounting. Note that there is NOT enough space on the base bar itself to mount a cycle computer or powertap monitor there. There is a fitting on the inner part of each extension of the C3 Aero clip on that accomodates a cylindrical attachment that you screw into the left or right extension bar to accomodate mounting of the computer, etc. The stock part is somewhat long, so I had it trimmed down so it protrudes just far enough into the space between the two extension bars to allow me to mount the computer. It positions the computer where it is very easy to see, but not in the way of your hands. I have no trouble sliding my Aerodrink past the computer to get it into position.

Note that if you do use the Aerodrink system, due to the narrow space between the extension bars nearest the point where they clip on to the base bar, that you have to move the mounting "wings" for the Aerodrink to their innermost position, which in turn puts the Aerodrink a little higher than you would see on some bars with more space at the point where you would be positioning the drink mount. I had to shorten my straw a bit as a result, but it works fine.

This curve on the extension bars is by far the most comfortable I've used, but that's always a personal choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a pic of the above mentioned setup

Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Stratos CX [wylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This curve on the extension bars is by far the most comfortable I've used, but that's always a personal choice.

Ditto for me, the C3 fits like a glove, with a very natural hand position.

Quote | Reply
Anyone try hed clip lites with the cx?
Quote Reply
Re: Syntace Stratos CX [P_Ahart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to this question too...Will either the Clip-Lites or VukaClip fit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Syntace T2 bar is EXTREMELY usable TODAY!!! Yeah- it's a zillion freaking years old, but they got it right. Use the new SYntace base bar with the old Syntace aerobar and you're golden!!!!
Quote Reply