Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Switching from split nose to traditional saddle
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Last year i bought a new TT bike with a fizik Mistika (their split nose equivalent) and got a fit done.

I am happy with most of the fit, but struggle to get a good position on the saddle and get some friction rashes on the inside of my leg. So i am going to do an attempt at switching back to my old warhorse Fizik Antares that i had on my previous TT bike and have on my roadbike.

Question: does anyone have recommendations on how I should mount a traditional saddle when switching from a split nose? should i just align the parts of similar width between the two, or perhaps the nose of the two?

Any tips welcome. hoping to reduce the amount of trips around the block to get it adjusted

Thanks
Andreas

edit: spelling mistake
Last edited by: EiE_: Aug 5, 19 3:37
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from split nose to traditional saddle [EiE_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
I have a mistika now and I can't find the point, I'm hurriedly buying a fiftyfive as I had on my previous bike.
Why can't I find this where to go.
I recommend you try a fifty five.

Rafael
Quote Reply
Re: Switching from split nose to traditional saddle [EiE_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The nose on a traditional saddle is going to go anywhere from 4-8cm in front of the tip of a properly positioned noseless saddle.

However, what you describe is usually a pretty good clue that you are not sitting on it properly.

Also, I have not had a lot of luck with the Fizik saddles. Someone suggested the Cobb 55, which is a good saddle. I would suggest rotating your pelvis properly on an ISM PN 3.0.
Quote Reply