Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Superfrog Rollcall
Quote | Reply
So who is in for the Superfrog this year?
I will be there for #4 in a row.

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: Superfrog Rollcall [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this will be my first year. looks like a faster course than my last 70.3, but we'll see. i think a lot will depend on water conditions and how much the sand slows us down. kinda like that its a lil smaller event. either way it should be fun. if the times are like last years i may be able for a top 3 in my AG.
Quote Reply
Re: Superfrog Rollcall [MikayP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plan on 6ft surf, cold water (60), fast bike (side wind very likely) and sand run. Race is well organized and a lot of fun. With the return of the Sept. date will be interesting to see which pro's show for a Kona warm up!

-

Powered by:
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done it the past 4 years straight too, but I'm giving it a miss this year. Just needed a break this year from that monotonous bike course. The race is fantastic and anything that helps the military is great. Doing both Orangeman and Magic Mountain Man in the weeks after.
Good luck at Superfrog!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude,
How many times are you racing a year, now. You make me poor just thinking about all those entry fees. :)

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Superfrog Rollcall [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know...somewhere in the 10-15 range.:)

-

Powered by:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first 70.3. I can't wait.

--

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool Superfrog video!

-

Powered by:
Quote Reply
Re: Superfrog Rollcall [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 days...hope everyone is rested and ready.

-

Powered by:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck! I'm passing on SF this year. Have a great race you guys!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to miss this thread Billy, but a here goes a heartfelt thanks to all that came out for today's race. It was a beautiful day for our XXXIII annual Superfrog on a what was a solemn day for our country but also an opportunity to show our resilience, a decade later, at the Silver Strand base with it's eternal iceplant, prehistoric trees, and cold war, wind-blown history. From the haunting early morning pre-race "Taps" for our fallen SEALs (and all who have paid the ultimate price -- from civilians to servicemen) to the excitement of the parachute team dropping in, to the "rather benign" ocean swim (according to the salty old SEAL with the megaphone), to the alterntatingly windy Silver Strand bike drag strip we call home, to the 1/2 sand -- half not-sand run...it was a very froggy day had by all. A big hoo-yah to all you came out. Thank you very much from the bottom of our hearts.
Quote Reply
Re: Superfrog Rollcall [Frogleg Leghorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pre race events were great. As usual the race went of without...great job to all involved and especially the vollunteers. The group at the run aid station near the gate stood out especially...very vocal cheering everyone on. As for the tame swim conditions...I thought the same until I was body surfing in on the first lap and got pounded by a rouge big wave :)
Had a great day though...course pr and 2nd in my agegroup, 16th agegrouper overall...27th overall including pros. And danm Joseph and Lars were tearing up the course. Lars came off the sand on his 2nd lap as I was coming off my 1st. Shortly after he passed me Joseph went by even faster...and then made the pass for the lead!

-