Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Super League Toulouse
Quote | Reply
Just starting a thread as the women's race has finished and no posts yet.
Enjoyed watching the women's race, although Spivey going into it with the plan to pull out in the first race when it came to the run just seemed, well, not quite sure the right word for it, but felt off.
Mens race just starting. Great to see Hauser and Wilde back this week.....no Yee....I think Blu will struggle...??
Last edited by: Amnesia: Sep 3, 23 3:00
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected.....Blu 3rd and just pips Wilde at the line in the first race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wilde smashed the bike in stage 2. Unfortunate little transition error
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [ProActiveNW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a shame for Wilde with that error. Can see how it happened but still gutted for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are they not getting penalties?! Both Bergere and Wilde didn’t clip out before the line…
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michal_CH wrote:
Why are they not getting penalties?! Both Bergere and Wilde didn’t clip out before the line…

Wilde never dismounted and rode through transition so you think there would be a penalty. Bergere rode his bike to his transition spot....no penalties for either....Bergere the winner.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should both get 10s penalty. Neither dismounted before the line, with Wilde doing it a bit more spectacular… Johnny is the true winner for me, but who cares.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen the races. But saw a clip of Van der Kaay wiping out Betto. It looked deliberate and they are teammates.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [runningeconomy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runningeconomy wrote:
Haven't seen the races. But saw a clip of Van der Kaay wiping out Betto. It looked deliberate and they are teammates.
No you didn't, you saw a clip of Betto wiping out Vanderkay. And it sure did look deliberate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amnesia wrote:
Michal_CH wrote:

Wilde never dismounted and rode through transition so you think there would be a penalty. Bergere rode his bike to his transition spot....no penalties for either....Bergere the winner.....

SL even posted it on IG asking if they should have had penalties... Seems like they care less about the integrity of the sport and more about riling people up on SoMe for clicks. Pathetic.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michal_CH wrote:
They should both get 10s penalty. Neither dismounted before the line, with Wilde doing it a bit more spectacular… Johnny is the true winner for me, but who cares.

Superleague must make up their own rules, I thought they were now meant to follow the world tri rules, but obviously not as to ride over the dismount line is an auto DQ.. it is only a penalty if have one foot not touch the ground first. Still mounted is 100% DQ
Lehair should have had a time penalty not a DQ by worl tri rules also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SL sorta running their own show kinda gives them free rein to do kinda whatever they want. Last week the US kid who was going to get lapped out went all in on the 1st run to score the fastest leg and points/money, They have some weird quirks for sure and like the PTO they have the capability to sorta shrug at “penalties” if they do so. But it’s also a really really well paid series so the athletes themselves can’t really rock the boat too much either in terms of crying foul.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Sep 3, 23 5:48
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Amnesia wrote:
Michal_CH wrote:

SL even posted it on IG asking if they should have had penalties... Seems like they care less about the integrity of the sport and more about riling people up on SoMe for clicks. Pathetic.

They looove drama..
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
lassekk wrote:
Amnesia wrote:
Michal_CH wrote:

They looove drama..

It is risky, it just turns me off completely from watching, and i already find the format silly.

It is also my pet peeve with cycling, rules are so randomly interpreted that you think it is some balkam handball match being match fixed sometimes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
lassekk wrote:
Amnesia wrote:
Michal_CH wrote:

They looove drama..

It is risky, it just turns me off completely from watching, and i already find the format silly.

It is also my pet peeve with cycling, rules are so randomly interpreted that you think it is some balkam handball match being match fixed sometimes.

I enjoyed watching it, it was again very entertaining. But I still want them to obey the rules - it's not a freak fighting show...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Amnesia wrote:
Michal_CH wrote:

Lehair should have got a time penalty, not DQ.

The race officials hopefully will give themselves a good kicking for still having the '1' [lap to go] board up and ringing the bell as Wilde and Bergere approached the dismount line: they should have had the +90 second pull-out sign up (but I guess they weren't to know how close behind the two leaders were and thought that those guys could ride through for their last lap (they were more than 90 secs down though, and aiui, >90secs and you're pulled).

Bergere gained time by riding to his bike rack and how can he not get 10 secs for dismount line mega-fail)? Brownlee would've been up the road and even with his short shute Bergere would have settled for second.

Wilde re-entering T2 and cycling back up transition the wrong way is a safety issue deserving immediate DQ. If he'd dismounted and walked the reverse way, maybe not a DQ (at least Luis didn't actually leave T2 when he executed his barrier stop) and just got 10 secs. He and Bergere rode like men possessed in Heats 2 and 3: impressive
Top tip: If a world champion alongside you takes his foot out of his shoe approaching transition, imitate. Un deux trois quatre!
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Sep 3, 23 8:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like the outside rider was a little shaky, the two riders made contact, then being off balance forced the two riders together, causing the crash. I wouldn't call that intentional
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all, it was a superb pair of races. Best format, best entertainment, and drama drama drama.

A bit too much of the drama maybe. The bell rang at the correct time (for Wilde & Bergere) but the misleading "1" plaque... how come nobody thought of that? If Bergere was late to dismount, it must've been for the same reason. It's reasonable not to issue a penalty if the race organizer's mishap has contributed to the athlete breaking the rules.

How about Michael Gilliam and his rant on how Waugh wasn't the real winner because she had been pulled in by motorbikes. The silence in the studio made me laugh so hard!! Now I've googled Gilliam, because I was going to become a fan of his (even though he was a bit off on Waugh), and it seems he's the director of Bahrain Victorious, so I absolutely cannot become a fan because I dislike torture and death penalties for political prisoners.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gilliam is, for me, the worst thing about the current broadcast. Every time he talks he comes off as bitter and twisted, criticising either the performance of his own team or the assistance given to others - I would not want him as my coach/manager.
Perhaps he’s different off camera, but from what we see I can’t help but dislike the man.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [MP1664] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gilliam is, for me, the worst thing about the current broadcast.//

Yes, and all his complaining about Waugh getting a Moto pull once she dropped everyone, and silent when it was Hayden doing the same exact thing, well at least be consistent. And at some point he has to stop with all the bad luck comments, if it happens in every race, every week, with mostly your athletes, perhaps it time to look in the mirror...
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super League is the best thing to happen to triathlon in years. It’s not perfect by any stretch, but like someone else has said it’s drama all the way.

They could drop the interviews with the team managers, it adds very little and rules could be applied more fairly, but overall it’s a great spectacle and much more likely to engage a non triathlon spectator than anything else currently out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [Joss1965] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultimately SLT faces the same issue I have with LIV Golf: either it's a team competition or it's an individual race. It can't be both.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the issue you have with LIV golf... not the comparison I would go for.

Anyways, idk how Bergere gets out of that race without a penalty. It took Hayden much more time to go back, rack his bike, & continue racing. Bergere got an advantage by riding through transition & then got the short chute twice on the run. I'm a little torn because those two were clearly the best out there today and go 1-2 in some order without the mishaps. But that's not what happened. Seems like Bergere should have gotten a penalty because he got an advantage.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon's got plenty of sport washing in it. We can't talk.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Toulouse [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing I give credit to SLT is that they issued a statement about officiating immediately. We still are waiting for Ironman or Triathlon Finland to put out a statement on Lionel Sanders...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next