Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Super9 Clincher Disc
Quote | Reply
Been researching discs.. super9, sub9, and the new super9 clincher.. Obviously, the new clincher is very expensive compared to the other two which you can get new for around 1300-1500.. How long do you give the Super9 clincher before it drops in price? Buy the hype that its faster than the tubular version of the super9?
Quote Reply
Re: Super9 Clincher Disc [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
How long do you give the Super9 clincher before it drops in price?

Price drop? If you're talking about NEW discs from dealers, I'd say never. Used - probably in a year.
Quote Reply
Re: Super9 Clincher Disc [gregk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I mean you can find new super9 tubulars on ebay from some dealers at sub MSRP. Obviously the used ones are there too for a lot less.
Quote Reply
Re: Super9 Clincher Disc [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price drop is far away! they are hard to get right now, called sram and talked with them, impressive wheel takes around 35 hours to make ONE!
Quote Reply
Re: Super9 Clincher Disc [compactflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are hard to get b/c they're not even shipping yet. Late Feb / early March.
Quote Reply
Re: Super9 Clincher Disc [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not true. R&A Cycles has them in in stock.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Super9 Clincher Disc [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have them in the store? I thought they weren't even shipping from Zipp for another month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are shipping them. I don't know if they have any more in the store today, but they had at least one on Monday morning.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Super9 Clincher Disc [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right on. Thanks for the info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to double verify, we are shipping them.

Quote | Reply
The real concept behind the "faster that the tubular version Super 9" is that you can change a flat on course quickly. They are assuming that if you flat out you can recover in an acceptable amount of time versus watching Norman Stadler meltdown at Kona after a tubular flat.
Quote Reply