Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SunGlasses & TT helmet without Visor
Quote | Reply
Any recomendation about glasses? I have tried oakley radar Ev , sutro and rapha explorer and i have more pain in my neck than when i use the visor. (Summer hot) Thats because i have to look upper , as i have the frame of the sunglasses.

Could be a frameless sunglasses a good choice?
Quote Reply
Re: SunGlasses & TT helmet without Visor [Circuitin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oakley EV Zero.

Super-light, frameless, variety of lens shapes. Great for running as well.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smith pivloc series have been great for me. No upper frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oakley Flight Jackets are awesome for TT riding. They don't have the top frame so no obstruction, would definitely recommend
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Circuitin wrote:
Any recomendation about glasses? I have tried oakley radar Ev , sutro and rapha explorer and i have more pain in my neck than when i use the visor. (Summer hot) Thats because i have to look upper , as i have the frame of the sunglasses.

Is that the reason for the pros too? I was always wondering about this too. I don't know but visor works just perfect for me.
Wearing sunglasses with the helmet that comes with visor looks always goofy to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Oakley Flight Jackets. I use a Giro Vanquish helmet. And while I love the helmet itself, I can't stand the visor. The Flight Jackets work great, allowing me to have a nice clear view when I'm in my aero position. I have other folks I train with who also say good things about Tifosi glasses, also with no frame on the top edge. But I honestly don't know what model they are referring to (maybe the Rail?).
Quote Reply
Re: SunGlasses & TT helmet without Visor [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the new aero helmets are optimized for the included visor, so it's faster to use it. Also, it means you don't need to spend time putting on glasses in T1, so it helps the pros stay with their pack from the swim and use less energy on the bike.

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: SunGlasses & TT helmet without Visor [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Most of the new aero helmets are optimized for the included visor, so it's faster to use it. Also, it means you don't need to spend time putting on glasses in T1, so it helps the pros stay with their pack from the swim and use less energy on the bike.

Yes, i mean to use glasses on days that are too hot to use the visor, to have that extra ventilation…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frameless glasses will also be cooler, as the lack of a frame allows greater airflow under the lens.

Quote Reply
Re: SunGlasses & TT helmet without Visor [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:

I was watching one of the World Tour TTTs (Dauphiné I think), and a few riders caught my attention due to their helmet brand / sunglasses combination.
I know the aero guy for one of those teams. He is one of the very best in the business. He also happens to be a ST member.
So, I pinged him and he said for them, there was "not a significant difference", ie a watt or two at their speeds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I don't use my aerohelmet/visor, I use Knockaround Campeones. They are so large that you can't see the top of the frame.
Quote Reply