Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestions for easy entry tri-shoes during transisition
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for suggestions for triathlon shoes which are easy to put on and off during the transition stage.
Opps
Sorry guys, I forgot to mention I was looking or a suggestion for cycling shoes, not running shoes.
Last edited by: TriKen: Nov 18, 12 19:18
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for easy entry tri-shoes during transisition [TriKen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any shoe on the market. With elastic laces. Some shoes such as Zoot are specially made with a rear-tab and really big, stretchy foot hole for easy entry. But really, any shoe is good for T2 if they have the elastic laces.

Quote:
shoes which easy to put on and off

Editing to add: Why do you want to take them off in transition?
Last edited by: nickwhite: Nov 18, 12 18:18
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for easy entry tri-shoes during transisition [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yankz laces
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for easy entry tri-shoes during transisition [TriKen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoes for T1 or T2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xtenex laces with a racing flat work great. Just make sure the shoe has a solid tongue
In Reply To:

https://www.devinwittig.wordpress.com , https://twitter.com/DevinWittig -Xterra Wetsuits (Pro deal code SA-WITTIG) Rudy Project - Sketchers Performance - Rocktape Canada
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While my old SH-31's were easy to use, I like the fit and everything about my SW Trivents a lot better. The drop-away heel works really well makes for a quick transition, and the boa adjustment lets me make adjustments on a long ride really easy. Only downside is they are too expensive!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of tri specific bike shoes. I use Sidi T2.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
S-Works Tri. I don't think there is a faster entry shoe on the market right now.

I haven't upgraded from my basic Shimano tri shoes yet because the half-second that the S-Works might save me is meaningless in my overall time, but that doesn't mean I don't lust after those red shoes every once in a while!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. The Sidi T2/T3 are fantastic shoes, as are the Shimano SH-TR series.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any Specialized BOA shoe. Heck I can slide into my Road Comp shoes easier than any tri shoe I have tried in 25 years, plus the extra snug fit of BOA's just rocks. I will never own tri shoes again.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for easy entry tri-shoes during transisition [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Northwave Tribute, really good for this. The big velcro strap has an extra velcro bit on the outside that allows it to be stickied in the wide open position, great for making sure it stays that way when you jump on in T1. And they are pretty reasonable for price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pearl izumi tri fly are great for clip'ed in transitions I don't even need to use a hand to put them on. except just to close the strap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the shimano 31 or 51 depending on your price range. Sidi is also good for a fast entry but I would try them on because some are better than others for a high instep. From my experience the shimano seems to work better for a high instep.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for easy entry tri-shoes during transisition [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
Any Specialized BOA shoe. Heck I can slide into my Road Comp shoes easier than any tri shoe I have tried in 25 years, plus the extra snug fit of BOA's just rocks. I will never own tri shoes again.

+1
Quote Reply