Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestions for "narrow" 23mm tires?
Quote | Reply
I just bought a 2010 Blue Triad SL and apparently this bike has insanely narrow seat stays. My 23 mm vittoria training tire was rubbing on the stays and my LBS said I needed a "narrower" 23 mm tire so they put on a Continental Ultra Sport. I'd like to use a nicer tire than this for the long-term, so anybody know of "narrower" 23mm tires out there? I figured they were all the same width, but apparently some are wider than others.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for "narrow" 23mm tires? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just go with a 20 mm tire.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for "narrow" 23mm tires? [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love to go with a 21 or 22 but they are all crazy expensive. At least the ones I've found.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for "narrow" 23mm tires? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
The supersonic tires are pretty narrow for 23mm I find.

This. They look like 22s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ribble has the 20c GP4000 for <$41. Black Chili, just like the GP4000S.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michelin Pro 4 COMP. The 23 is about 21mm wide, at least on the rim I tried (but the tyres are expensive too).
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for "narrow" 23mm tires? [MrSkinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrSkinny wrote:
Michelin Pro 4 COMP. The 23 is about 21mm wide, at least on the rim I tried (but the tyres are expensive too).

I just switched from Pro 4 Comp to Conti 4000S last week. Measured both with calipers on the same rim. Both tires were the same exactly 23mm, within 1/10th of a mm.
Edit: this was on SRAM S60 (hybrid toroidal carbon clincher rim with alu bead and alu brake surface), pumped to 110psi.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Jun 13, 13 22:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
I just bought a 2010 Blue Triad SL and apparently this bike has insanely narrow seat stays. My 23 mm vittoria training tire was rubbing on the stays and my LBS said I needed a "narrower" 23 mm tire so they put on a Continental Ultra Sport. I'd like to use a nicer tire than this for the long-term, so anybody know of "narrower" 23mm tires out there? I figured they were all the same width, but apparently some are wider than others.

Hutchinson Atom in 23mm are narrower than 23mm
Vittoria's new Diamante Pro Radiale offers a 22mm width.
Felt's TTR tires are 23mm but "narrow" and "tall" measuring about 22.2mm on our TTR rims
The older Conti Force/Attack are often found for about $80 for the pair if you search around online.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could try the Bontrager R4 Aero, which is 22mm. Pretty good rolling resistance, very aero (similar to GP4000s, though very slightly worse on both RR and aero).
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for "narrow" 23mm tires? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
Ribble has the 20c GP4000 for <$41. Black Chili, just like the GP4000S.

PBK has it for right around the same $ too, not sure what shipping does to the overall price though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sometimes you just have to lay out the $$$$