Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sub 2 hr Oly Distance
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I competed in my first triathlon this weekend. I finished the .9 mile swim, 40k bike, and 10k run in 1:55:05. Is this a good time for a beginner just starting out? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 2 hr Oly Distance [ProStatus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ProStatus wrote:
Hello,

I competed in my first triathlon this weekend. I finished the .9 mile swim, 40k bike, and 10k run in 1:55:05. Is this a good time for a beginner just starting out? Thanks.

Not really. My suggestion is you find another sport. I THINK/HOPE that EVERYONE who responds says the same thing. Because, well, we are not going to give you the answer that you obviously want.
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 2 hr Oly Distance [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Under 2 hours in your first Olympic triathlon? Might as well quit now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of girls do that time,you will fit in very nicely I'm sure... Don't forget to post a picture of yourself so we can determine how "Hot or Not" you are

-----
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Jun 5, 13 8:27
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 2 hr Oly Distance [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IDK, sounds fishy to me...were you paced by a guy in a gorilla suit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trolling ST is just as rewarding as going sub 2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you did the Playtri race in Dallas, I think the top 20 people went Sub 2. Looks like a really good PR course if you don't mind the non-advertised slight course modification to a .75 mile swim, 35k bike, and a 8.5k run course.
Last edited by: Mrcooper: Jun 5, 13 8:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ProStatus wrote:

ProStatus wrote:
Hello,

A well crafted troll doesn't leave such obvious bait like this. Subtlety is key.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you could give us your splits to help us see where you can improve.
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 2 hr Oly Distance [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are too good, I was definitely trolling. I did, however, do my first oly distance triathlon this weekend and finished in 2 hours 21 minutes. I had a lot of trouble sighting and turned in a solid 29 minute swim time. It turns out some of the AGers you get on the feet of aren't necessarily following the course either.

Thanks for the call outs/sarcastic replies though :)
Last edited by: ProStatus: Jun 5, 13 9:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Transitions in your dreams must go very smoothly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ProStatus wrote:
You guys are too good, I was definitely trolling. I did, however, do my first oly distance triathlon this weekend and finished in 2 hours 21 minutes. I had a lot of trouble sighting and turned in a solid 29 minute swim time. It turns out some of the AGers you get on the feet of aren't necessarily following the course either.

you should change your screen name..NOTEVENCLOSEtoProStatus is probably more appropriate at this juncture in your career.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ProStatus wrote:

Oh boy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ProStatus wrote:

-------

Yeah, about as solid as a floating coprolite....

----
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Jun 5, 13 9:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually did a 1:55:xx Olympic time this past weekend. Swim, bike and run were all short. Does it still count?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ProStatus wrote:

And thank you for the distraction from work!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ProStatus wrote:
Hello,

Your saddle is too high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If therewas a cross, this crowd would nail you to it! Trolling for a compliment or not, time for a beginner (which I am) isnot important. If you finish the race,and are confident that you did the absolute best of your ability…it was a greatrace. For your next race, rather thanfocusing on time, set smaller more attainable goals. Example, focus on your sighting or reach, a seamlesstransition or spinning at the appropriate cadence. If you have not completed the race course inprevious years, in my mind setting a time as a goal is counterintuitive as youhave nothing to compare to. Also as a beginner,comparing your time to other competitors I find to be frustrating because youhave no idea the depth of that fellow age groupers’ fitness or experience level. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and Iam sure somebody will roast me for saying time is not important; so be it.

Quote Reply
Re: Sub 2 hr Oly Distance [argon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apparently I do not know how to use the "space" button...sorry!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by roamingseaside [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ProStatus wrote:

2:21, that will get you FOMOP in 40-44 or 45-50 at a larger Oly race like ITU. :P
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 2 hr Oly Distance [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
-------

Yeah, about as solid as a floating coprolite....

----

nice, not often one gets to use coprolite in an online forum about triathlon, though to be fair some could probably have floated prior to fossilization

------------------------------------------------------------
some days you're the windshield some days the bug
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 2 hr Oly Distance [Grindcore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grindcore wrote:
2:21, that will get you FOMOP in 40-44 or 45-50 at a larger Oly race like ITU. :P

FOMOP- you are to kind or your FOP is a really big group.
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 2 hr Oly Distance [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Haha, you're right! 2:21 didn't get top 20 in 40-44m at ITU. I'd consider FOP top 10 in a big race like that. 2:21 would of got him 30/133 at ITU. That's a good effort but still a lot of humble pie on the run. On a positive note: he could have won F50-54...just barely.

http://www.sportstats.ca/...html?racecode=104140
Last edited by: Grindcore: Jun 5, 13 11:18
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 2 hr Oly Distance [Grindcore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the 20-24 age group and I know I still have a lot of work to do. Since it was my first olymipic distance triathlon and 3rd total triathlon, I didn't have many expectations other than to have a strong bike leg and finish the race. I completed both those objectives. My bike split came in at 1:04 and it was very hilly/windy. My swim and run were a different story and really showed me how much work I had to do to even be competitive. Swim split was 29:57 and run was 42:16. It's nice to find out where you stand though :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next