Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Stupidest thing you have done when it comes to triathlons? [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At a local sprint triathlon while setting up at transition, discovered that I had brought one cycling SIDI shoe with Shimano SPD cleats and one cycling SIDI shoe with LOOK cleats. The bike had Shimano SPD-type pedals. Just made the best of it, and rode with my running shoes. Made for a very fast bike-to-run transition!
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest thing you have done when it comes to triathlons? [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
worrying about how other folks (triathletes and non-triathletes) thought about me as a triathlete--their evaluation of me.

After 100 races I've concluded that the only person it should really matter to is me. IN most races I'm faster than some and slower than some--the porportions change but the basic result is the same.

My family has always been focused on whether or not I am happy in the experience not how fast or where I place. While I still try to do the best I can, I've come to the same point of view as my family--end result is triathlons are way more fun!

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest thing you have done when it comes to triathlons? [gizmo147] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright I have a couple good ones...

At Eagleman this year, I was blessed to try and figure out on where to put my mini pump and on the way out from T2, found it couldnt fit in my jersey pocket. Too long. So I stuffed it in my jersey. No flats at least!

Also this year, at Branson, I was swimming so fast that my race strap with the chip decided to start sliding all over. I got to T1 and slipped off my wetsuit and headed out on the bike to find about 200 yards down the road that my chip and strap had fallen off when I took off my wetsuit in T1. Instead of continuing, I walked my bike back to center median posts and ran back to T1 in my cleats and everything. My chip, surprise surprise, was sitting right under my wetsuit. Lets just say that first climb around the hotel was a bit of a lung burner due to my running back and forth for 200 yards.

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't hide my credit card before I went out drinking. Signed up for an ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupidest thing you have done when it comes to triathlons? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Didn't hide my credit card before I went out drinking. Signed up for an ironman.

I could live with that mistake.

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply

Prev Next