Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stupid TdF question..what up with the tongue??
Quote | Reply
I know that this is a queer question and I wouldn't be suprised to see it ignored, but I have to know.....why do the cyclists of the tour stick their tongues out so much? I mean, they stick em out and leave em there. Is it to illicite a salivating response to quench their dry mouth? Have cyclists been doing this all along and I haven't noticed? Am I just catching weird race coverage? Hey, I am trying to learn all that I can about strange tour etiquette and this one has me stumped. Do tell!
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid TdF question..what up with the tongue?? [Colleen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can get more air with your tongue out and all the girls want to know how long your tongue is anyway, soooo, you kill two birds with one tongue.

It's all a matter of taste, of course, but I'm not salivating over such behavior.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do it too for some reason, guess it's because TT'ing really hurts.

Quote Reply
LOL! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, true..to all of the above. THAT question can now be scratched from the list. It was nice having the visual too. Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me. I might try it on my next ride. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this used to be Christophe Moreau's trademark...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because they envy Mo Greene.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I thought they all just wanted to "Be Like Mike"

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am the opposite..... I pull my lips back to expose my gums.. like when Jim Carey use to do "Fire Marshall Bill" on living color.
Quote Reply
Be like Gene you mean... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Be like Gene you mean... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's actually a way to tap some deeper power within. I'm not being at all sarcastic. A lucid mind and a powerful body. They have an exercise for it in Yoga. There are also masks made my South American shamans that are making the same face. Anyway, if your question is sincere, go out and do it and pay attention to the difference. Smile and flex the cheek muscles firmly, squint the eyes slightly, pull your ears back if you can control those muscles, drop your lower jaw down, stick your tongue out and curl the tip. Very weird, but somehow it works.
Quote Reply