Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strava weight cheaters!
Quote | Reply
I noticed I can look at how I rank among over 250 lb riders on local segments. I clicked on the profile of the guy in 1st on several segments and it shows a photo of him with his cycling team and he's the same size as everyone else, maybe 150 lbs. There's a girl who ranks high on a lot of segments. In her photo, she looks 130 lbs at the most.

In fact, in quick clicking, of those who had photos, only one guy in the top 10 looks like he's over 250. He looks to be about my size and my age and if I can find a non-creepy way to contact him, he might be a good training partner.

Everyone else looks like a weight cheat! I'm outraged!

Not really outraged, I don't take being the fastest fat guy very seriously, I'm more just curious about it, but it makes having that category pointless.

I suspect when the filthy cheaters put in their weight as 130 lbs or whatever, they had the kg box checked and it recorded the weight as 130 kg (287 lbs).

I suppose I could start contacting them and asking them to check their weight settings, but I'm not going to bother with that.

Oh well.
Quote Reply
Re: Strava weight cheaters! [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m guessing it’s the lbs/kg thing.

I had a fake age on Strava, didn’t think it mattered for anything.
I was on the free version, so I was unaware of those sorting capabilities.

(I’m not a big fan of putting my actual DOB out on the interwebs and begging for Identity Theft - YMMV)

But then somebody commented about how great it was to see “an older guy” like me riding as well as I was - so I fessed up that was wasn’t actually that old, and then changed it to at least the correct year now.

But mostly - there are a LOT of TOTALLY CLUELESS people on Strava.

So - I’d go with the assumption that those errors are lazy &/or stupid.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Strava weight cheaters! [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't it make you slower on Zwift if you give a much higher reported weight compared to your true weight?

Like, if I put into Zwift that I weighed 250lbs, but had my same FTP of 240, I'd climb slower than real world 75kg with FTP240.
Quote Reply
Re: Strava weight cheaters! [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he's referring to old fashioned cycling...out in the 3D world.
Quote Reply
Re: Strava weight cheaters! [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To solve the OP issue maybe he should enter a real race while out there too???
Quote Reply
Re: Strava weight cheaters! [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought this was another Zwift weight post too, but it's Strava. Which is more meaningless when it comes to weight doping.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Strava weight cheaters! [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
I think he's referring to old fashioned cycling...out in the 3D world.

You mean like riding a bike outside? Who would do that?

Sorry lightheir :)
Quote Reply
Re: Strava weight cheaters! [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doh! I mixed up Strava and Zwift! My bad. (I mix 'em up a lot - since Zwift annoyingly doesn't have any built in tools for postride analysis!)
Quote Reply