Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [perullo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perullo wrote:
Some of you guys will be into this - a site a setup to crown regional strava leaders: http://www.strabbaranks.com/
You can read the spiel there, but the main thing is, let me know if a bunch of you have a specific area you would like added. I've just been adding cities that I or friends have an interest in thus far, but it would be cool to fire up a few more. I'd like to avoid absolutely massive places like NY or San Fran (Strava Home) where the processing would be pretty intensive, but let me know if you want your town/city on there and I'll make some of them happen. I'll start seeding it by finding a very popular segment and adding the top 10 people or so. After a few of those when I have ~30 of the most prolific ballers in the area, it will generally take off on its own (anyone who wants in would just follow the regional user and I'll add you back). It's all in the site/spiel.
Rochester, NY would be pretty awesome.

---------------------
Jordan Oroshiba --- Roadie invading Triathlete space for knowledge access
Quote Reply
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [joroshiba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have thought to mention this up front:
shoot me a decent segment to start with that has a decent selection of your neighborhood strafia represented.

"Strafia".. priceless!
Quote Reply
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [jasondubose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Bummed to hear about the flat. The only thing worse than a flat in a time trial is: a flat in a time trial in the rain?
Quote Reply
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [mgdog95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got 2 I'm rather proud of... unfortunately the third one I enjoyed was stolen a couple days ago and I'm in NY for school so it is kinda hard to go back to Austin and take it back.
http://app.strava.com/segments/671357 - wouldn't be of any significance unless after posting about it on FB jackmott went out and layed down multiple attempts to take it back... to which he fb'ed and got more people to go after it. Somehow this still stood. Woo hoo!

http://app.strava.com/segments/1091475 - has no one who ever rides it because it is stupid steep crappy road that goes nowhere. That said, I know the guy who had it before me set a 1 minute power record to get up it of around 10w/kg... so it wasn't easy to beat.

---------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does your powermeter work? Your numbers seem really soft compared to the guys behind you, or you only weight 40Kg.
Quote Reply
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [AaronT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no my power numbers are total bs. They come from a powercal strap so magnitude is totally useless. I'm 54kg not 40... Light but no t THAT light.

---------------------
Last edited by: joroshiba: Nov 1, 12 9:54
Quote Reply
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been picking off CRs the past few mornings, from the same guy. Got another planned for tomorrow, more for next week. I wonder if he's tired of the emails yet. Can't take all of them though, unless I take a road trip to AZ.
Last edited by: beanmj: Nov 1, 12 10:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Respect! I raced (bikes) this year at 58kg. Bounced off of 56 after some really hot races, but 54 is tiny! You must rage on the climbs.
Quote Reply
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [AaronT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure I'm not winning friends here but honesty is that I don't deserve much respect I've just always been light. I was about 48 kilos before I started riding and have a diet that consists of lots of cheeseburgers, pizza, and generally unhealthy food (switch it something healthier is on my checklist for this off season). I but yes I do rather prefer the climbs and get my ass handed to me in tt's.

---------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rochester is rockin'.
http://www.strabbaranks.com/home/rochester
Apologies if I missed you - just follow the user "Strabbaranks Rochester" and when it follows you back, you'll be in the next morning's calculations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Concord, MA would be cool, although maybe too popular It is about 10 miles outside of Boston and where many of the Boston riders head to ride. A good segment would be:

http://app.strava.com/segments/614685

ETA: You could call it "Boston Area" as well I suppose.
Last edited by: kdw: Nov 2, 12 9:04
Quote Reply
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boston (and Rochester) are done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got the email that one of my team mates took my KOM with a big south wind yesterday. today...

http://app.strava.com/segments/2041371
Quote Reply
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [bradl016] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boom goes the dynamite! Found the longest climb I could in the Rochester area and through it into today's hilly sufferfest. We shall see how long this KOM holds... it is a bit of a drive to get close to it, but totally worth it if it every gets stolen.

http://app.strava.com/segments/1759382

---------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy cow, you must weigh nothing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha yeah... I'm about 52-53kg. It comes with being short (1.7m) and starting running when I was 8 probably didn't hurt either.

---------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 w/kg... damn son
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bradl016 wrote:
5 w/kg... damn son
I wish! Those are PowerCal numbers and are definitely not right. If you run a basic calculation based on VAM it estimates it out closer to 4. Which tells me very little other than that 5 is probably not right.

---------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any interest in going multinational? I would love to see Ottawa, Ontario, Canada added to this. Thanks for considering. Here is a link to a central segment.

http://app.strava.com/segments/1558192

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a lot of angst locally here between the MTB'ers and the Dog people. There are certain trails that MTBers aren't supposed to ride on, and the dog walkers are supposed to have their dogs on a leash. Well, a lot of MTBers ride on the Forbidden trails, and a lot of dog walkers don't use leashes. Ultimately, it comes down to the dog walkers want the MTBers gone and will do anything to make this happen.

Lately, they've discovered that strava provides good evidence that people are riding on the banned trails, and how fast they are going, which is being used by the dog walker people to support their claims that they are in grave danger when out for a stroll...

See article on "News for the Fells" in the right hand column....
Quote Reply
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [sweatred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely..
I can see little impediment to this getting done outside my sheer time behind the (home) keyboard... hoping I can knock it out by the end of this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Strava Brag here... Ah, sweet Stravasfaction [sweatred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
almost done.. lots of strong riders in the Ottawa area... and then I ran across that Rendell name and had ergvideo flashbacks!

I imagine you are one of the folks the Strabbaranks Ottawa user is following.. so just follow back to see the weekly posted results... or hit the Ottawa link off http://www.strabbaranks.com/ any time to see results calculated that morning...

Initial results running as we speak.

I'm sure I've missed riders, so have them follow the user if they want in and I'll get them followed back (and thus included).

Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow .. That is awesome !!! Looks like I cracked the top ten, mostly out of quantity vs quality :) ... What a great tool. Ottawa's Strava community thanks you !! I can't wait until next season to chase after some of those high pointers !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you add the Greater Toronto Area?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about Arlington VA and the District of Columbia.
Quote Reply

Prev Next