Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strangest thing...
Quote | Reply
I was at the outlest mall, holding handbags for my wife and daughter. I'd done my dash and was camped at the foodcourt outside a store they were lost in.

I'm watching people pass by when I see the funniest thing I've seen in a very very long time.

This raisin of a dude. Vietnamese possibly. About a million years old. Frail little guy, also suckered into going to the mall with his family. He's well dressed in baggy dress pants, cream coloured collared shirt. A bit grubby but the guy still had some old world class about him. As he walked by, I couldn't help but notice that he was taking really small steps and seeming to have trouble walking.

I looked down at his feet and nearly swallowed my own tongue I laughed so hard.

He was in some top of the range, all silver, Pearl Izumi cycle shoes. No cleats, and as he was with his family, I'm pretty sure he didn't ride to the mall! This old geezer decided that silver cycle shoes with carbon sole, was just what he needed finish off his shopping attire. The curved shoe bottom, no cleats and shiny floor of the mall, made walking just this side of impossible.

Far out it was funny! WTF went through his mind when his wife said they were going shopping? "I'll be right there honey, I just have to comb my hair and put on some shoes"

Where is the strangest place you've seen bike shoes?

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Strangest thing... [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hilarious! what was he thinking!?!?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: Strangest thing... [stanfna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been telling everyone in the office, today, and I giggle every time I think of this old guy clunk clunk clunking his way around the mall. Reality is funnier than fiction, EVERY SINGLE TIME!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny story. Would have to see it to believe it though. Photos? You didn't ask him what he was up to? maybe he had a bike outside the mall somewhere?

G.

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Quote Reply
Re: Strangest thing... [triathlonshots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of older Asian gentlemen ride around these parts, BUT...
No cleats, no other cycle gear (let alone of the level of the top of the range shoes) and being with the rest of his family, I suspect he was in the car the rest of them took to get to the mall. It was hilarious and I'm still giggling :-)

TriDork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is HI-f'ng-larious...I'm sitting in a Sbux w/tears rolling down my cheeks visualizing this.
(The shoes HAD to be silver, too...)

It's simple, but it isn't easy.
Quote Reply
Re: Strangest thing... [Glade Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It took all my self control (I have very little self control as evidenced by my chocolate consumption) to not burst out laughing, myself, when I saw it.

TriDork

Quote Reply