Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strange toe discomfort - fungal?
Quote | Reply
I've been doing quite a bit of riding this year (at least for me). That includes quite a few indoor CT sessions where I sweat a lot. Hygiene could be better for both indoor and outdoor rides:
  • Indoor - though I usually shower very soon after (because everything is dripping wet) the (very) old bike shoes haven't always been fully dry.
  • Outoor - often come home and sit down for breakfast/read the paper prior to showering a getting ready to WFH.

In the last few days I have had a sensation of pain/pins and needles/hot in my toes, primarily between my big and second toes but can be felt across some others. Seems to be around the nail areas. If I push around the tips/nails the discomfort is there. There doesn't appear to be any visible skin irritation / nail discoloration etc.

Just don't know if its to do with some form of fungal thing or excessive riding/cramped toes etc - but would have thought in the latter case it would have shown itself much earlier given volume has been somewhat steady for 12-16 weeks.

Welcome any ideas.
Quote Reply